Extract data from an Excel file

FD3S

Hi All,

i was wondering if anyone could give me some help on a perl script i am
trying to write and i am getting no where :eek:(

-----

I have an excel spreadsheet, with the following columns:

Username Fullname Password Synchronised

The rows consist of data with the Synchronised column being either a
YES or a NO.

What i'd like to do via a perl is to read this excel spreadhseet and
extract all the rows where the Synchronised column is set to NO and
output the data to a comma delimited text file in the following format:

Username,Full Name,Password,OtherID,,,,

OtherID is just a random word, which i need to include and i require
the 4 commas too.

Any help on this would be massively appreciated.

Best Regards

MSG

Read the document of module Win32::OLE. There are code examples in it
that show you how to read Excel files.
Post your code so people can help you improve it.

usenet

FD3S said:
i was wondering if anyone could give me some help on a perl script i am
trying to write and i am getting no where :eek:(

According to Google, there have been 1,250 Excel-related articles
posted in this newsgroup alone:

http://tinyurl.com/9vgxr

Most refer to plainly obvious CPAN modules:

http://tinyurl.com/aoxhw

A TINY bit of initiatiave on your part will probably tell you what you
need to know. If you have further questions, feel free to post them
here, but you would be well advised to do so in accordance with the
guidelines for this group, which you may find at

These guidelines are for YOUR benefit, BTW. I have NEVER observed a
situation where someone posted a question which conformed to these
guidelines who did not receive a prompt, courteous, and expert reply.
But I have seen MANY situations where someone posted a very poor
question (as you did) and got nothing but flames (and this is not a
flame - it is an observation and a recommendation).

FD3S

Thanks for the response...am fairly new to this.

I will have a banter round.

Best Wishes.

Dr.Ruud

MSG schreef:
Read the document

For MSG and everybody else with "User-Agent: G2/#.#":

"How can I automatically quote the previous message
when I post a reply?"
http://groups.google.co.uk/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14213

See also:

What's good 'netiquette' when posting to Usenet?
http://groups.google.co.uk/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12348
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Usenet/Etiquette/

But Google needs you to vote for 'Default quoting of
http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features