Extract data from excel

Guest

hihi

While I am developing ASP.NET using C#
I want to import a excel file and make some modification and then generate a
report
however, I can't use SQL command as the excel file does not have a field name
and so everytime I need to display the whole list

And someone suggest me to use ODBC to solve it as the first row can be use
as field name, is it work?And would you provide the code?I need to do some
modification 'cause each time it will link to a distinct excel file

Moreover, after I fill a DATATABLE, can i extract some data like an array?
or can I set up field name of the table

I am new in this field and would u mind explain more detail plz
Thanks so much