Extract most recent price reduction and date in serie

jason

Hi - this post overlaps with another post (Tom K was helping) but has a
differnt slant and explanation which I feel warrants a new post.....

If one has a series of price reduction fields (3) and corresponding date
fields (3) in each record.....how would one check the row to see which of
these fields contain non-null or non-empty values and then only display the
two fields which hold the last price reduction and the last date for this
price reduction:

ListingID | Reduced_Price_1 | Reduced_Price_1_Date | Reduced_Price_2 |
Reduced_Price_2_Date | etc
1 | 100 000 | 08/10/03 | 80
0000 | 15/10/03 | etc

....To thus display only:

80 0000 | 15/10/03

I would appreciate some help on how to do this? Obviously, I would have
other non-related fields in the record like Name, Location etc which i would
also have to include the query. The problem is the fields above are only
named differently with regards the number "_#_" which indicates which
reduction and date it is in the array...does this make sense...I just cannot
get me head around this. I do not want to include these fields in a
seperate table as this creates more complex query demands later on.

Many thanks
Jason