    part of that page to be displayed. How do I go about doing this?

    I'm a newbie when it comes to javascript.....

    Kev
    Kevin Morgan, May 8, 2005

  2. Kevin Morgan

    Erwin Moller Guest

    Kevin Morgan wrote:

    > I'm trying to write a widget for Mac OSX Tiger. Here's the problem: The
    > user enters a search term which is sent to a perl script on a remote
    > server. This script returns a fully formatted HTML page. I only want
    > part of that page to be displayed. How do I go about doing this?
    >
    > I'm a newbie when it comes to javascript.....
    >

    > Kev

    Hi Kev,

    If you receive a fully formatted HTMLpage, then what?
    Javascript will not be of any help here.

    You need a serverside solution, not a clientside solution.

    Try PHP or Perl, or VBscript.

    Good luck.

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller
    Erwin Moller, May 9, 2005

  3. Erwin Moller wrote:

    > Kevin Morgan wrote:
    >> I'm trying to write a widget for Mac OSX Tiger. Here's the problem: The
    >> user enters a search term which is sent to a perl script on a remote
    >> server. This script returns a fully formatted HTML page. I only want
    >> part of that page to be displayed. How do I go about doing this?
    >> [...]

    > [...]
    > If you receive a fully formatted HTMLpage, then what?
    > Javascript will not be of any help here.
    >
    > You need a serverside solution, not a clientside solution.

    Entirely false. XMLHTTPRequest would be a viable approach
    here, provided that the mentioned UA supports it.

    > Try PHP or Perl, or VBscript.

    Any of these languages may be used client-side as well,
    as J(ava)Script may be used server-side as well.

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, May 15, 2005