    Has anyone done that ? How would you do that ?
    Is there an STL class that handles XML ? etc ..
    Thanks a lot for your help !

    Toto, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Toto

    Jacob Jensen Guest

    There is no STL that handles XML. There is however a free software package
    called "xerces" to parse and extract XML data.

    Jacob Jensen, Mar 4, 2004

  3. "Toto" <> writes:

    > hey,
    > I need some ideas, suggestions for a task I am working at work these days.
    >
    > We want to do that in C or C++.
    >
    > I have several tables from a database (Oracle).
    > I need to extract data from these tables, and then convert it into an XML
    > file.
    > We are now working on the TAGS that will compose this XML file and the
    > mapping, that is the corresponding extracted data, associated to the TAGS.
    >
    > Has anyone done that ? How would you do that ?

    completely OT, but what the hell:
    Why use C++ at all? Oracle brings extensive XML functionality inside the
    database - you can export tables directly as XML without the need for
    external programming languages. afterwards, you can transform this
    XML file into another by using XSLT.
    (recommended reading: "Building Oracle XML applications")

    HTH & kind regards
    frank

    --
    Frank Schmitt
    quattro research GmbH

    Frank Schmitt, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Toto

    toto Guest

    it's not OUT OF TOPIC,
    We have to use C or C++ for functional reasons.
    So don't lecture me with any functionality that comes with Oracle.

    what the hell yourself

    news: 4cvflk4l1w.fsf@scxw21.4sc...

    toto, Mar 5, 2004
  5. Toto

    Alexei Betin Guest

    "toto" <> wrote in message news:<c2a21g$3f7$>...
    > it's not OUT OF TOPIC,

    yes, it is. Because you don't really have a C or C++ LANGUAGE
    question, and there is no Standard C++ solution to your problem.
    It is always good to check FAQ before posting:

    Please, also read FAQ 5.4 which speaks about top-posting.

    What you need is an Oracle DB library and an XML-parser library. There
    are many available and the best place to ask would be NG's devoted to
    Oracle and XML programming respectively.

    For the latter, you can choose Xerces:
    http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html

    For the former, search either Web or your Oracle documentation for
    Oracle CLI and/or Oracle ProC. On Windows you can also use ODBC.

    Now, when you have a C++ language issue when trying to implement your
    solution then you question will be most welcome in this group.

    Thanks,
    ~Alexei

    Alexei Betin, Mar 6, 2004
  6. Toto

    Gary Guest

    "toto" <> wrote in message
    > it's not OUT OF TOPIC,
    > We have to use C or C++ for functional reasons.
    > So don't lecture me with any functionality that comes with Oracle.
    >
    > what the hell yourself

    I wish people would be more considerate before posting.
    Here's a poster who comes to a C++ language group, seeking free help, posts
    an OT question, doesn't know what OT means, gets a polite reply which goes
    on to actually give him some help, and he replies with what sounds like a
    "bitchy" retort.
    Now he's gotten me upset, and I try really hard not to be.
    He also top-posts.

    How can I set my filters to get rid of this kind of stuff? (And yes, I'm on
    OE.) OTOH, maybe it's a troll and I should be chuckling.....
    --
    Gary

    Gary, Mar 6, 2004