Extracting encrypted in a table on DB2 with Perl

rparimi

Hi,

A table on my DB2 database has encrypted data, and I wish to extract
it. I have written the DBI code to connect to the database, and read
all values from the column I want. However, I am not sure if the data
that the perl script retrieves from the database is the "correct"
encrypted data. I know that DB2 has its own format for storing
encrypted data, but do not know how to process this data (using a pack
or unpack?)

When I run a select on the table from a db2 prompt, a row in the table
looks like as:

1 x'D6B6D2EE0C57ADF2'

What transformation do I need to apply to the binary data stored in a
perl scalar variable to make sure that I am working with the right
encrypted data?

Thanks a lot..

Anno Siegel

Hi,

A table on my DB2 database has encrypted data, and I wish to extract
it. I have written the DBI code to connect to the database, and read
all values from the column I want. However, I am not sure if the data
that the perl script retrieves from the database is the "correct"
encrypted data. I know that DB2 has its own format for storing
encrypted data, but do not know how to process this data (using a pack
or unpack?)

When I run a select on the table from a db2 prompt, a row in the table
looks like as:

1 x'D6B6D2EE0C57ADF2'

What transformation do I need to apply to the binary data stored in a
perl scalar variable to make sure that I am working with the right
encrypted data?

What makes you think Perl programmers are particularly qualified to
answer this? The fact that you are using Perl to connect to the
Database is not relevant.

Anno

Gregory Toomey

Hi,

A table on my DB2 database has encrypted data, and I wish to extract
it. I have written the DBI code to connect to the database, and read
all values from the column I want. However, I am not sure if the data
that the perl script retrieves from the database is the "correct"
encrypted data. I know that DB2 has its own format for storing
encrypted data, but do not know how to process this data (using a pack
or unpack?)

When I run a select on the table from a db2 prompt, a row in the table
looks like as:

1 x'D6B6D2EE0C57ADF2'

What transformation do I need to apply to the binary data stored in a
perl scalar variable to make sure that I am working with the right
encrypted data?

Thanks a lot..

There are hundreds of encryption algorithms. How are we supposed to work out
what you used?

Perl has modules for common symmetric encryption like DES & RC4.

gtoomey