Extracting height and width of a SWF file

Astra

Hi All

Is there an ASP way of extracting the height and width of a swf file so that
I can specify these dims when adding the whole OBJECT code to the web page?

Thanks

Robbie

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

I thought we already went through this? Please visit a Flash forum... they
might be able to tell you how to determine width and height, given a
specific SWF file.

Astra

Hi Aaron

I know we discussed me trying to get or omit these parameters from my swf
file, but this appears to be impossible to do.

The reason for my new query in the ASP NG, is because I wanted to know if it
was possible to attack it from another angle and read in these parameters
from the raw file, eg via the FileSysObject.

Is it possible?

Rgds Robbie

I thought we already went through this? Please visit a Flash forum... they
might be able to tell you how to determine width and height, given a
specific SWF file.

Mark Schupp

It may be possible but you won't find the information in this group except
by luck (if there is a Flash developer watching).

The newsgroup to ask about where to find that information in a SWF file
would be a Flash developers group. Once you know where in the file the
information is, come back here and ask how to read it from the file.

Astra

Thanks for your patience and assistance guys.

Rgds Robbie