Extracting html urls on a webpage using linktext

shankar_perl_rookie

Hello All,

I am using win32::IEAutomation to do some data extraction. I am
encountering a minor issue with extracting html urls on a page using
linktext. I generally use

$ie ->getLink('linktext:', $mytext) ->linkUrl();

The above line of code gives me the url corresponding $mytext. But my
problem now is there are multiple instances of the same $mytext on the
web page. Is there a way I can extract all the different urls
corresponding to the same linktext and store it in an array ?

Thanks,
Shankar

Jim

Hello All,

I am using win32::IEAutomation to do some data extraction. I am
encountering a minor issue with extracting html urls on a page using
linktext. I generally use

$ie ->getLink('linktext:', $mytext) ->linkUrl();

The above line of code gives me the url corresponding $mytext. But my
problem now is there are multiple instances of the same $mytext on the
web page. Is there a way I can extract all the different urls
corresponding to the same linktext and store it in an array ?

An array, as you have found, is not the proper data structure to store
this repeated information. You want to use a hash, or an associative
array (two different names for the same structure) -- this is the
third most useful structure in Perl, after scalars and simple arrays,
and one of the most powerful and useful structures in the language.