Extracting one row of data

Discussion in 'XML' started by zazu, Dec 29, 2007.

  1. zazu

    zazu Guest

    I am a novice, However I have created an xml file to use with Spry in
    Dreamweaver CS3. My file looks like this:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <dataroot xmlns:eek:d="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:fficedata"
    generated="2007-12-26T13:00:09">
    <BestSellerTable>
    <SKU>0473053802</SKU>
    <Title>Edmonds Cookery Book</Title>
    <Description>A few words</Description>
    <Cost>$28.00</Cost>
    <Pic>0473053802-2.jpg</Pic>
    <Link>celebrity_chef/edmonds/0473053802.htm</Link>
    <ProdOpt>21</ProdOpt>
    </BestSellerTable>
    <BestSellerTable>
    <SKU>9781869588656</SKU>
    <Title>The Essential Digby Law</Title>
    <Description>A few words</Description>
    <Cost>$39.00</Cost>
    <Pic>9781869588656-2.jpg</Pic>
    <Link>celebrity_chef/digby_law/9781869588656.htm</Link>
    <ProdOpt>98</ProdOpt>
    </BestSellerTable>

    Perhaps another 10 rows. My question is - using the Spry functionality
    is it possible to extract a specific row of data from this file and
    locate it in a specific position on my page. Extract a second row and
    locate it elsewhere on my page, and so on for other rows. I have
    played around with "choose" and selecting row id's and followed a few
    examples in books, but to no avail. At this stage I have created
    seperate xml files for each location. The data is exported from Access
    and multiple files seems innefficient

    Any help appreciated
    zazu, Dec 29, 2007