extracting text from files using IFilters

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by kunal, Oct 15, 2005.

  1. kunal

    kunal Guest

    I am developing a web based application in which i give an option to
    the registered users of the applications an option to upload files as
    attachments directly in the blob field of the database. Now Just before
    the upload of the file occurs i need to extract text from the files and
    store it as a column in the database. Now i searched a lot About
    IFilters and came up with a lots of solutions. I just need to detect
    the extension of the filename that is being uploaded ( mostly all are
    Microsoft Office Documents). Hence i have to use OffFilt.dll which is
    the Ifilter for Microsoft Office Files. Now i have to solve the issue
    by not searching through the registry for the CLSID of the OffFilt.dll
    and then create an instance and then get chunks and then get the text
    and properties of the office document. If there is a way to get it
    directly from the Indexing Server, then i would be grateful.

    Thanks in advance
    Kunal Ramesh Lalwani
    Software Developer
    Fahm Softwares