Extracting zip file with asp.net 2.0

Moistly

I wish to be able to extract/ unpack a zip file which has been uploaded
to the server.

Does anybody know how I would go\about this using either DeflateStream
or GZipStream.

Or would it be better to use a 3rd party component.

Thanks

Jacob

I like the zip/unzip library from SharpZipLib. Google for it, it
handles multiple zip formats.

Guest

For v1.1 or v2 , The J# library has one you can use. Look for zipcompression
(one word) on MSDN.
I heard a rumor that SP 1 of v2 will include zip capability in
System...Compression...

AlexL [Xceed]

Sounds interesting - can anyone confirm this...?

The .NET framework 2.0 will only have raw/deflate compression for
streams. It will not support the Zip file format.

Free C# zip library, under GPL license: http://www.sharpziplib.org

We also make one, commercial-grade, full featured, fully documented,
with full support (see my sig below)

--
Alex Leblanc
Xceed Software Inc.

Check out our advanced, multi-talented .NET zip compression library

Email: (e-mail address removed) (remove the first 'x')