    or GZipStream.

    Or would it be better to use a 3rd party component.

    Thanks

    Moistly, Apr 22, 2006

  2. Moistly

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Apr 22, 2006

  3. Moistly

    Jacob Guest

    I like the zip/unzip library from SharpZipLib. Google for it, it
    handles multiple zip formats.

    Jacob, Apr 22, 2006
  4. For v1.1 or v2 , The J# library has one you can use. Look for zipcompression
    (one word) on MSDN.
    I heard a rumor that SP 1 of v2 will include zip capability in
    System...Compression...

    --
    Brad

    "Software is like melted pudding..."

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBSb2JlcnRz?=, Apr 22, 2006
  5. Moistly

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Brad Roberts" <> wrote in message

    > I heard a rumor that SP 1 of v2 will include zip capability in
    > System...Compression...

    Sounds interesting - can anyone confirm this...?

    Mark Rae, Apr 24, 2006
  6. On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:33:01 +0100, "Mark Rae"
    <> wrote:

    >"Brad Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I heard a rumor that SP 1 of v2 will include zip capability in
    >> System...Compression...

    >Sounds interesting - can anyone confirm this...?

    The .NET framework 2.0 will only have raw/deflate compression for
    streams. It will not support the Zip file format.

    Free C# zip library, under GPL license: http://www.sharpziplib.org

    We also make one, commercial-grade, full featured, fully documented,
    with full support (see my sig below)

    --
    Alex Leblanc
    Xceed Software Inc.

    Check out our advanced, multi-talented .NET zip compression library

    Email: (remove the first 'x')

    AlexL [Xceed], Apr 24, 2006
  7. Moistly

    Moistly Guest

    Thabks

    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.FastZip does exactly what i needed

    Moistly, Apr 25, 2006