extraction tool using CRF++

cerr

Hi,

I want to write an extraction tool using CRF++ (http://crfpp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/index.html).
I have written a trainings file and a template:
training:
banana FOOD B-NP
bread FOOD I-NP
template:
U01:%x[0,1]
U02:%x[1,1]

and now I want to go ahead and extract the foods from a sentence like "how do I make a banana bread". Also, I'm unsure how I interface to crf++ with python, I compiled and installed it from source as described on the above website but I don't have a crf module available in python...

Vlastimil Brom

2013/10/1 cerr said:
Hi,

I want to write an extraction tool using CRF++ (http://crfpp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/index.html).
I have written a trainings file and a template:
training:
banana FOOD B-NP
bread FOOD I-NP
template:
U01:%x[0,1]
U02:%x[1,1]

and now I want to go ahead and extract the foods from a sentence like "how do I make a banana bread". Also, I'm unsure how I interface to crf++ withpython, I compiled and installed it from source as described on the above website but I don't have a crf module available in python...

Hi,
I have unfortunately no experience with CRF++; if there is no python
wrapper for it available, the usage might not be (easily) possible -
depending on the character of this library, you may try accessing it
e.g. via ctypes.

Alternatively, you may try another packages already available, e.g.
NLTK: http://nltk.org/
False

# of course there might be some surprise, probably due to polysemy ore
some specifics of the semantic description...

cf.
http://nltk.org/
http://nltk.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/howto/wordnet.html
http://www.velvetcache.org/2010/03/01/looking-up-words-in-a-dictionary-using-python
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/man/lexnames.5WN.html

hth,
vbr

Joost Molenaar

Hi Ron,
In the python/ subdirectory of the CRF++ source package there's a
README with instructions on how to use the CRFPP python module.

HTH,

Joost

2013/10/1 cerr said:
[...]

Joost,