extraneous dlls in bin causes failure?

Guest

Hi guys

I just did a copy of a dll file for my project into the \bin directory (so
it had the file and the copy in \bin) and the application just stopped
working completely. It seemed to be trying to use the copy, but not knowing
what it was.

Is that normal? How does it look in a file it's not told to?!

Cheers

Dan

Guest

I got the problem too.
When I copy a new web application dll to \bin folder, I rename the old dll
as like myapp_backup.dll. the application will throw out error and not
running.
if I delete myapp_backup.dll,it will work.

could anybody explain for that?
Thanks.