    included? Can't be listed in the EXE_FILES, or in the bin/ directory,
    because it is really not a script.
    , May 20, 2007

  2. brian d foy Guest

    In article <>,
    <""> wrote:

    > Is there any documentation on how to distribute CGI scripts using the
    > ExtUtils::MakeMaker mechanisms?
    >
    > It has EXE_FILES which are copied to the INSTALLSCRIPT location, is
    > there something similar for CGI scripts? CGI scripts need modification/
    > config before install, so maybe a automatic install is not possible,
    > in which case - is there a preferred guideline on how to include
    > example CGI scripts in a Perl module distribution?

    An automatic install is certainly possible.

    The PL_FILES key has a list of scripts to run and turn into files. It's
    up to you what those scripts do, so you can do just about anything.

    However, have you considered taking everything that you'd need to
    configure and moving it outside the script?

    brian d foy, May 21, 2007

    Re: ExtUtils::MakeMaker - how to distribute CGI script?

    On May 21, 1:27 pm, brian d foy <> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > <""> wrote:
    > > Is there any documentation on how to distribute CGI scripts using the
    > > ExtUtils::MakeMaker mechanisms?

    > > It has EXE_FILES which are copied to the INSTALLSCRIPT location, is
    > > there something similar for CGI scripts? CGI scripts need modification...

    > However, have you considered taking everything that you'd need to
    > configure and moving it outside the script?

    Let's say that is done - how does one distribute a .cgi file, that
    needs to go into something like /var/www/html/cgi-bin, in a Perl
    Module package?
    There is the current concept of putting scripts into the bin/ folder,
    and modules in lib/ directories. Not sure if there is a similar
    mechanism for CGI scripts.
    , May 22, 2007
  4. brian d foy Guest

    <""> wrote:

    > Let's say that is done - how does one distribute a .cgi file, that
    > needs to go into something like /var/www/html/cgi-bin, in a Perl
    > Module package?

    > There is the current concept of putting scripts into the bin/ folder,
    > and modules in lib/ directories. Not sure if there is a similar
    > mechanism for CGI scripts.

    You just change where the scripts in blib/bin install, or you make a
    new directory in blib for just the CGI scripts, and tell the Makefile
    how to install those (probably by adding a new make target).

    It's all in the ExtUtils::MakeMaker docs.

    Good luck :)

    brian d foy, May 23, 2007