f*ing collation and asp.net 2.0 security are driving me crazy

papaja

I created sql database on one MSSQL2000 server and set up asp.net 2.0
security. Now I'm working on another computer. I moved all files and
backed up and restored database from old server to this new one.

When I try to add user using VS2005 Website > ASP.NET Confiuguration I
got error. Still, user is added but not asigned to role. When I try to
asign it a role it doesn't work. Error that I get is related to server
collation. Old and new server have different collations, so my database
had also different collation than new server. I changed collation of my
database to be identical to server's but I still get error.

What to do?

This is error:

An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try
again.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Cannot
resolve collation conflict for equal to operation. at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.CallWebAdminHelperMethod(Boolean
isMembership, String methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[]
paramTypes) at
ASP.security_users_adduser_aspx.UpdateRoleMembership(String u, CheckBox
box) in
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\Security\Users\addUser.aspx:line
61 at ASP.security_users_adduser_aspx.UpdateRoleMembership(String u) in
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\Security\Users\addUser.aspx:line
52 at ASP.security_users_adduser_aspx.CreatedUser(Object sender,
EventArgs e) in
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\Security\Users\addUser.aspx:line
13 at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnCreatedUser(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs
e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object
source, EventArgs args) at
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument) at
eventArgument) at
sourceControl, String eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at