F11

Jo-ann Guimond

Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html to
change view to full screen?

Thank you!

Travis Newbury

Jo-ann Guimond said:
Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html to
change view to full screen?

Yes you can. Add the following text at the top of the page you want
full screen:

HEY, IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS AND IE PRESS F11 AND THIS WILL GO
FULLSCREEN

Harlan Messinger

Jo-ann Guimond said:
Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html to
change view to full screen?

There's no "instead" here. If you hit F11, *your* browser fills the
screen. If you put a command in your HTML, your *user's* browser fills
*his* screen. You should let your user decide how big he wants his
screen to be.

Andy Dingley

Jo-ann Guimond said:
can I put a command in my html to change view to full screen?

If you could, I wouldn't tell you - in case you used it.

It's not _your_ screen, it's your user's screen. If _they_ want to see
the browser window full-screen, let them choose to do it.

_If_ they're likely to want to do this, and they're probably running
IE, and they're unlikely to know this already, then Travis' advice to
give them an instruction that they might possibly choose to follow is a
good one.

Blinky the Shark

Jo-ann Guimond said:
Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html to
change view to full screen?

If your user wants to use full screen, he will. That's his choice, not
yours.

Brian Cryer

Jo-ann Guimond said:
Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html to
change view to full screen?

Thank you!

You can use JavaScript to resize the browser window to maximize it but that
isn't the same as F11 and personally it irks me when I visit a site and the
site changes my window size.

jojo

Brian said:
You can use JavaScript to resize the browser window to maximize it but that
isn't the same as F11

No, it really isn't becaus the user may have JS disabled and then your
JS does nothing ;-)
and personally it irks me when I visit a site and the
site changes my window size.

....and I wouldn't visit the site again.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Travis Newbury:
Yes you can. Add the following text at the top of the page you want
full screen:

HEY, IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS AND IE PRESS F11 AND THIS WILL GO
FULLSCREEN

I thought you had you wrap both <blink> and <marquee> around it to make it
effective. Oh, and <font size="7" color="red" face="Verdana">.

And why that "IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS AND IE" condition? Web pages are
for real people, not for Linus freaks!!!

Travis Newbury

Jukka said:
I thought you had you wrap both <blink> and <marquee> around it to make it
effective. Oh, and <font size="7" color="red" face="Verdana">.

Good point
And why that "IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS AND IE" condition? Web pages are
for real people, not for Linus freaks!!!

Because someone smart enough to use a different browser already knows
how to go full screen...