  1. Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html to
    change view to full screen?

    Thank you!
    Jo-ann Guimond, Oct 10, 2006

  2. Jo-ann Guimond wrote:
    > Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html to
    > change view to full screen?

    Yes you can. Add the following text at the top of the page you want
    full screen:

    HEY, IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS AND IE PRESS F11 AND THIS WILL GO
    FULLSCREEN
    Travis Newbury, Oct 10, 2006

  3. Jo-ann Guimond wrote:
    > Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html to
    > change view to full screen?

    There's no "instead" here. If you hit F11, *your* browser fills the
    screen. If you put a command in your HTML, your *user's* browser fills
    *his* screen. You should let your user decide how big he wants his
    screen to be.
    Harlan Messinger, Oct 10, 2006
  4. Jo-ann Guimond

    Andy Dingley Guest

    Jo-ann Guimond wrote:

    > can I put a command in my html to change view to full screen?

    If you could, I wouldn't tell you - in case you used it.

    It's not _your_ screen, it's your user's screen. If _they_ want to see
    the browser window full-screen, let them choose to do it.

    _If_ they're likely to want to do this, and they're probably running
    IE, and they're unlikely to know this already, then Travis' advice to
    give them an instruction that they might possibly choose to follow is a
    good one.
    Andy Dingley, Oct 10, 2006
  5. Jo-ann Guimond wrote:

    > Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html to
    > change view to full screen?

    If your user wants to use full screen, he will. That's his choice, not
    yours.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 10, 2006
  6. Jo-ann Guimond

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Jo-ann Guimond" <> wrote in message
    > Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html to
    > change view to full screen?
    >
    > Thank you!

    You can use JavaScript to resize the browser window to maximize it but that
    isn't the same as F11 and personally it irks me when I visit a site and the
    site changes my window size.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Oct 11, 2006
  7. Jo-ann Guimond

    jojo Guest

    Brian Cryer wrote:

    >> Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html to
    >> change view to full screen?
    >>

    > You can use JavaScript to resize the browser window to maximize it but that
    > isn't the same as F11

    No, it really isn't becaus the user may have JS disabled and then your
    JS does nothing ;-)

    > and personally it irks me when I visit a site and the
    > site changes my window size.

    ....and I wouldn't visit the site again.
    jojo, Oct 11, 2006
  8. jojo wrote:

    >> You can use JavaScript to resize the browser window to maximize it but
    >> that isn't the same as F11

    > No, it really isn't becaus the user may have JS disabled and then your

    And browsers tend to come with ways to block just that little bit of JS
    while allowing more sensible stuff to run.

    Besides http://dorward.me.uk/tmp/fullscreen.jpeg

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Oct 11, 2006
  9. Scripsit Travis Newbury:

    > Jo-ann Guimond wrote:
    >> Instead to type F11 on the keyboard, can I put a command in my html
    >> to change view to full screen?

    > Yes you can. Add the following text at the top of the page you want
    > full screen:
    >
    > HEY, IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS AND IE PRESS F11 AND THIS WILL GO
    > FULLSCREEN

    I thought you had you wrap both <blink> and <marquee> around it to make it
    effective. Oh, and <font size="7" color="red" face="Verdana">.

    And why that "IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS AND IE" condition? Web pages are
    for real people, not for Linus freaks!!!

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Oct 11, 2006
  10. Yorkshire Pete, Oct 12, 2006
  11. Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > > Yes you can. Add the following text at the top of the page you want
    > > full screen:
    > > HEY, IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS AND IE PRESS F11 AND THIS WILL GO
    > > FULLSCREEN

    > I thought you had you wrap both <blink> and <marquee> around it to make it
    > effective. Oh, and <font size="7" color="red" face="Verdana">.

    Good point

    > And why that "IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS AND IE" condition? Web pages are
    > for real people, not for Linus freaks!!!

    Because someone smart enough to use a different browser already knows
    how to go full screen...
    Travis Newbury, Oct 13, 2006