FA: (UK Only) Book: "The C++ Programming Language" 3rd Ed by Bjarne Stroustrup

Discussion in 'C++' started by Mike, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi,

    I'm auctioning the book "The C++ Programming Language" 3rd Ed. by
    Bjarne Stroustrup on
    ebay, details as follows or see eBay item number 250030480853.

    Softback. Condition : Good. Pub. Addison Wesley 1997. 3rd Edition.
    910 pages.

    "The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup is the classic C++
    reference and guide written by the man who initiated and led the design
    of the C++ programming language. If you program in, or intend to
    program in C++ then this is the book to get.

    Chapter titles are as follows :

    Introductory Material
    1. Notes to the Reader
    2. A Tour of C++
    3. A Tour of the Standard Library

    Basic Facilities
    4. Types and Declarations
    5. Pointers, Arrays, and Structures
    6. Expressions and Statements
    7. Functions
    8. Namespaces and Exceptions
    9. Source Files and Programs

    Abstraction Mechanisms
    10. Classes
    11. Operator Overloading
    12. Derived Classes
    13. Templates
    14. Exception Handling
    15 Class Hierarchies

    The Standard Library
    16. Library Organization and Containers
    17. Standard Containers
    18. Algorithms and Function Objects
    19. Iterators and Allocators
    20. Strings
    21. Streams
    22. Numerics

    Design Using C++
    22. Development and Design
    23. Design and Programming
    24. Roles of Classes

    Appendices
    A. The C++ Grammar
    B. Compatibility
    C. Technicalities

    Shipping at cost by winners' preferred method or can collect f.o.c.
    from Brighton, East Sussex if preferred.

    Thanks for your attention,

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 19, 2006

  2. Mike

    F.J.K. Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm auctioning the book "The C++ Programming Language" 3rd Ed. by
    > Bjarne Stroustrup on
    > ebay, details as follows or see eBay item number 250030480853.

    Please don't spam. People could get inclined to sabotage your auction
    with a $100000 bidding from a fake account ;-)

    F.J.K., Sep 20, 2006