    testing program.

    Thanks for your time,

    Paul
    Fabric Paul, Mar 20, 2012

  2. On 20/03/2012 12:51 PM, Fabric Paul wrote:
    > Hi everyone - just letting you know that we released v1.0 of Fabric
    > Engine today. We've open-sourced the core under AGPL, so I hope that
    > gives you an incentive to get started with high-performance for
    > Python :)
    >
    > http://fabricengine.com/technology/benchmarks/ - to give you an idea
    > of the kind of performance possible. Most of these are with node, but
    > the core engine is the same - we just bound it to Python.
    >
    > For those of you using Python on the desktop (particularly if you're
    > working with 3D), we've started a closed beta on a PyQt framework -
    > you can see more here: http://fabricengine.com/2012/03/pyqt-framework-for-fabric-engine/
    > - email if you'd like to take part in the
    > testing program.
    >
    > Thanks for your time,
    >
    > Paul

    It seems that sing;e dimension arrays are used in KL. How does this
    compare with Numpy?

    Colin W.
    Colin J. Williams, Mar 20, 2012

  3. Fabric Paul

    Paul Doyle Guest

    Hi Colin,

    Fabric supports multi-dimensional arrays, and also provides support
    for dictionaries. You can read more here:
    http://documentation.fabric-engine.com/latest/FabricEngine-KLProgrammingGuide.html

    In terms of comparison to Numpy - I'm not familiar with that product,
    but some surface level similarities/differences:

    - we don't provide high-level functions for scientific computing. This
    is something we're looking at now.
    - both products provide methods for including existing libraries
    (http://documentation.fabric-engine.com/latest/FabricEngine-
    ExtensionsReference.html)
    - Fabric is a high-performance framework -
    http://documentation.fabric-engine.com/latest/FabricEngine-Overview.html
    - we haven't benchmarked against R, MatLab etc but we run at the same
    speed as multi-threaded compiled code (since that's essentially what
    we're doing).

    Hope that helps,

    Paul Doyle, Mar 20, 2012