facebook

Discussion in 'C++' started by mfasoccer@gmail.com, May 22, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hey guys I'm writing a facebook bot program. Currently I am stuck at
    the login screen. My approach was to take a password and convert it to
    md5 along with the challenge parameter that you will notice if you go
    to facebook's website. To give a better idea of this I'll show you
    their login form:

    <form method="post" name="loginform" action="https://
    login.facebook.com/login.php" onsubmit="quicklogin();"><input
    type="hidden" name="challenge"
    value="77950fc560a9109fe0b61bb70753cec5">
    <input type="hidden" name="md5pass">
    <label for="email">Email:</label>
    <input type="hidden" name="noerror" value="1" />
    <input class="inputtext" type="text" name="email"
    value="" id="email" size="20" />
    <label for="pass">Password:</label>
    <input class="inputtext" type="password" name="pass" id="pass"
    size="20" />
    <input type="submit" value="Login" name="doquicklogin"
    id="doquicklogin" onclick="this.disabled=true; this.form.submit();"
    class="inputsubmit"/></form>

    And what I did was write a program to send the following:
    challenge=3b409cf0906ebb3007e8dd1cac3343ae&md5pass=7ca980aefc6964c5a125e0c637194ca3&noerror=1&email=mbinder09%40choate.edu&pass=&doquicklogin=Login
    And I am sending this data to: "https://login.facebook.com/login.php"
    just like the action of the form suggests. Unfortunately this approach
    does not work properly. I even cleared the password field if you note
    I sent '&password=' which is required by the facebook JavaScript
    method:
    function hash(form, login_url) {
    document.cookie = "test_cookie=1;domain=.facebook.com";
    if (valid_js()) {
    var challenge = form.challenge.value;
    var hash2 = MD5(form.pass.value) + challenge;
    var hash;
    if (form.pass.value) {
    hash = MD5(hash2);
    } else {
    hash = "";
    }
    form.md5pass.value = hash;
    form.pass.value = "";
    }
    return true;
    }

    note: valid_js() just checks to make sure that the agent is proper
    which mine is. Im worried about the document.cookie thing..could that
    be it?

    Any help is welcome! I am very new to web applications so don't assume
    that your points will be repetitive given my lack of knowledge. Thanks!

    , May 22, 2007

  2. * :
    > [off-topic]

    Please read the FAQ before posting (you might also just check the name
    of the group to see whether it could have any connection with your problem).

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

    Alf P. Steinbach, May 22, 2007

  3. Bart Simpson Guest

    wrote:

    > On May 21, 11:11 pm, "Alf P. Steinbach" <> wrote:
    >
    >>* :
    >>

    >>>[off-topic]

    >>Please read the FAQ before posting (you might also just check the name
    >>of the group to see whether it could have any connection with your problem).
    >>
    >>--
    >>A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    >>Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    >>A: Top-posting.
    >>Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

    > you people are always just so helpful on these groups!!! not! To be
    > honest, I'll bet 99% of all usenet posts consist of people quoting
    > 'good posting form' and other such bs!!! get a life!!! these groups
    > are for the exchange of information, yal make me sick with your
    > arrogant 'FAQS.' Sorry but I'm sure it says somewhere in that 'FAQ'
    > that you shouldn't post off-topic stuff. Well, someone isn't
    > practicing what they teach. Get a life pal.

    wtf ???!

    Bart Simpson, May 23, 2007

    On May 21, 11:11 pm, "Alf P. Steinbach" <> wrote:
    > * :
    >
    > > [off-topic]

    > Please read the FAQ before posting (you might also just check the name
    > of the group to see whether it could have any connection with your problem).
    >
    > --
    > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    > Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    > A: Top-posting.

    you people are always just so helpful on these groups!!! not! To be
    honest, I'll bet 99% of all usenet posts consist of people quoting
    'good posting form' and other such bs!!! get a life!!! these groups
    are for the exchange of information, yal make me sick with your
    arrogant 'FAQS.' Sorry but I'm sure it says somewhere in that 'FAQ'
    that you shouldn't post off-topic stuff. Well, someone isn't
    practicing what they teach. Get a life pal.

    , May 23, 2007