Facing problems with Dual listbox Custom Server Control

Avneesh Kumar

Hi All,

I'm facing some specific problem in retaining Viewstate of dual listbox
Server Control in which I'm actually using JavaScript to transfer items
from left listbox to right box.

I tried to retain items of both the listboxes using viewstates but couldn't
get through. Then I created 2 hidden text boxes to store serialized key
value pairs on the client side and tried to access them in the control using
viewstate but again it didn't work...though I was able to get the values of
the textboxes using

HttpContext.Current.Request.Form(Me.ClientID & ":lH")

This might not be a good way of doing that but luckily this worked and I
could populate the listboxes again by looping through string I got in
postback.

When I added that control to aspx file, everything seemed to work fine but
again I got trapped into an issue >>>> that is >>>> with directly aspx
file, I am able to retrieve form collections but when I add the dll control
to ascx file and use that in an aspx file as user control, my values are
lost.

Can anybody please suggest me some batter way to retrieve input boxes value
inside control or batter, populating listboxes using viewstate??

If somebody can help after looking on the code, I can post code also.

Kindly Help!!

Thanks & Regards
Avneesh