    pointers, it will be very helpful.

    Regards
    Darshana

    Darshana Gangwal, Jul 22, 2008

  2. On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 14:15 +0900, Darshana Gangwal wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >

    > We are working on project running ruby 1.8.5 on UNIX.
    >
    > We have been getting segmentation faults [BUG] fairly consistently (but
    > at unpredictable times)
    > If anyone faced this kind of issue before or anyone can provide
    > pointers, it will be very helpful.
    >

    > Regards
    > Darshana

    If you have gdb, disable the ulimit on core dump files. Then when you
    get a segfault, go into the core dump with gdb, do a stack backtrace and
    file a bug report. Given a stack backtrace, it shouldn't take them too
    long to find it.

    If you can, upgrade to 1.8.6. 1.8.5 is not supported any more.
    --
    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
    ruby-perspectives.blogspot.com

    "A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems." --
    Alfréd Rényi via Paul Erdős

    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Jul 22, 2008