Facing Segmentation Fault

Darshana Gangwal

Hi All,

We are working on project running ruby 1.8.5 on UNIX.

We have been getting segmentation faults [BUG] fairly consistently (but
at unpredictable times)
If anyone faced this kind of issue before or anyone can provide
pointers, it will be very helpful.

Regards
Darshana

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Hi All,

We are working on project running ruby 1.8.5 on UNIX.

We have been getting segmentation faults [BUG] fairly consistently (but
at unpredictable times)
If anyone faced this kind of issue before or anyone can provide
pointers, it will be very helpful.

Regards
Darshana

If you have gdb, disable the ulimit on core dump files. Then when you
get a segfault, go into the core dump with gdb, do a stack backtrace and
file a bug report. Given a stack backtrace, it shouldn't take them too
long to find it.

If you can, upgrade to 1.8.6. 1.8.5 is not supported any more.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
ruby-perspectives.blogspot.com

"A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems." --
Alfréd Rényi via Paul Erdős