Facing Session Timeout problem

Hema S via DotNetMonster.com

Dear All,

Problem 1
-----------
I am using Sql Server for session state and setting the timeout property.
But my session is not getting expired at all.

Snippet
<sessionState
mode="SQLServer"
sqlConnectionString="server=10.10.10.216;uid=XX;pwd=XX;"
cookieless="false"
timeout="1"
/>

Problem 2
----------

I also have session timeout problem when i switch across application.

Eg Main Application calling the sub application and their session are
running independently, when i try to swtich back to main application, iam
getting a session time out error and vice versa.

Can any one help me out.

Hema S

Brock Allen

Problem 1
What makes you think this? If it's because Session_End is not getting called,
then this is by design when you're storing your session out of process in
SqlServer or the NT State Server Service.
Problem 2

Each virtual directory is a seperate AppDomain in the worker process. All
objects in .NET are scoped to an AppDomain. Session and anything you put
into it are objects. Thus they can't be shared across applications. If you
want to share data across the application boundary you'll have to store that
data in an commonly accessible location (like a database).