    Can anyone recommend a cross browser solution to cover full web page
    (100% in height and width) with faded background (apparently DIV
    element)?
    vunet, Apr 17, 2008

  2. vunet wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a cross browser solution to cover full web page
    > (100% in height and width) with faded background (apparently DIV
    > element)?

    Please elaborate. For example, what do you consider a "faded background"
    (I found four translations for "faded" in my dictionary, and only two coming
    remotely close to making any sense)?

    Reads more like a CSS problem (on-topic in
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets). Why do you think this
    could/should be resolved with client-side scripting?

    PointedEars
    --
    var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
    ) // Plone, register_function.js:16
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Apr 17, 2008

  3. vunet

    vunet Guest

    On Apr 17, 1:38 pm, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <>
    wrote:
    > vunet wrote:
    > > Can anyone recommend a cross browser solution to cover full web page
    > > (100% in height and width) with faded background (apparently DIV
    > > element)?

    > Please elaborate. For example, what do you consider a "faded background"
    > (I found four translations for "faded" in my dictionary, and only two coming
    > remotely close to making any sense)?
    >
    > Reads more like a CSS problem (on-topic in
    > comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets). Why do you think this
    > could/should be resolved with client-side scripting?
    >
    > PointedEars
    > --
    > var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
    > navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE 5') != -1
    > && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac') != -1
    > ) // Plone, register_function.js:16

    Faded background in my understanding would be something very close to
    http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/ where transparent
    black layer covers screen area. I used pageYOffset for FF and
    scrollTop for IE to calculate top position of my 100% wide and tall
    div. I do not enjoy this idea and I thought there might be better
    solutions which I haven't heard of.
    vunet, Apr 17, 2008