Fail to generate proxy .cs file using WSDL tool

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Vladimir, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Vladimir

    Vladimir Guest

    I am hosting remoting object under IIS. When I try to
    generate proxy *.cs using WSDL.exe tool it fails. (see
    error message below).
    I suspect this happens because my Remoting Object inherits
    from an interface that is defined in different dll.
    Here is the code:
    Interface dll - TestInterfaces.dll
    namespace TestInterfaces
    {
    public enum MyId
    {
    One,
    Two
    }
    public interface MyInterface
    {
    MyId GetId();

    My remote object - TestInterfaceRemObj.dll
    using System;
    using System.Runtime.Remoting;
    using TestInterfaces;

    namespace TestInterfaceRemObj
    {
    public class MyRemObj : System.MarshalByRefObject,
    MyInterface
    {
    public MyRemObj(){}
    public TestInterfaces.MyId GetId()
    {
    return TestInterfaces.MyId.One;

    Part of web config:
    <system.runtime.remoting>
    <application>
    <service>
    <wellknown
    type="TestInterfaceRemObj.MyRemObj,
    TestInterfaceRemObj"
    mode="Singleton"
    objectUri="MyRemObj.rem"
    />
    </service>
    <channels>
    <channel ref="http"/>
    </channels>
    </application>
    </system.runtime.remoting>

    WSDL Error message:
    Microsoft (R) Web Services Description Language Utility
    [Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 1.0.3705.0]
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2001. All rights
    reserved.

    Error: Cannot find definition for
    http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/TestI
    nterfaces/TestInterfaces%2C%20Version%3D1.0.1354.23011%2C%
    20Culture%3Dneutral%2C
    %20PublicKeyToken%3Dnull:MyInterfacePortType. Service
    Description with namespac
    http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/TestInterfaces/Tes
    tInterfaces%2C%20Ve
    rsion%3D1.0.1354.23011%2C%20Culture%3Dneutral%2C%
    20PublicKeyToken%3Dnull is miss
    ing.
    Parameter name: name

    I would appreciate any help,