    Hello all,

    I want to upgrade all the packages in perl, but fail. Any sugguest?

    Thank you

    kwan, Aug 2, 2008

  2. kwan <> wrote:
    > I want to upgrade all the packages in perl, but fail. Any sugguest?

    The only suggestion I can come up with is: rephrase this so that
    it contains information that tells what exactly you did try to
    update your Perl installation and what exactly is meant by "but
    fail". Without that informations it's rather unlikely that some-
    body will be able to help you.

    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___

    Jens Thoms Toerring, Aug 2, 2008

  3. (Jens Thoms Toerring) wrote:
    >kwan <> wrote:
    >> I want to upgrade all the packages in perl, but fail. Any sugguest?

    >The only suggestion I can come up with is: rephrase this so that
    >it contains information that tells what exactly you did try to
    >update your Perl installation and what exactly is meant by "but
    >fail". Without that informations it's rather unlikely that some-
    >body will be able to help you.

    Also what did he mean by packages? Maybe PPM? Maybe the installation
    packages for the Perl component of his Linux distribution (whichever
    that might be)?

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Aug 2, 2008
  4. kwan

    kwan Guest

    On Aug 2, 1:24 pm, Jürgen Exner <> wrote:
    > (Jens Thoms Toerring) wrote:
    >
    > >kwan <> wrote:
    > >> I want to upgrade all the packages in perl, but fail. Any sugguest?

    > >The only suggestion I can come up with is: rephrase this so that
    > >it contains information that tells what exactly you did try to
    > >update your Perl installation and what exactly is meant by "but
    > >fail". Without that informations it's rather unlikely that some-
    > >body will be able to help you.

    > Also what did he mean by packages? Maybe PPM? Maybe the installation
    > packages for the Perl component of his Linux distribution (whichever
    > that might be)?
    >
    > jue

    Perl v5.8

    I used the
    #perl -MCPAN -e shell.
    then I tried: #cpan> install bundle::cpan
    It did not allow me to run the above command. I wounder if there is
    any problem with my Perl.
    I also have problems to install some packages such as IO::Sock::SSL,
    Unicode::MapUTF8, and Jcode.
    These packages are important for me to use the LDAP to work with
    Twiki.
    Thank you

    kwan, Aug 3, 2008
  5. kwan <> wrote:
    > On Aug 2, 1:24 pm, Jürgen Exner <> wrote:
    > > (Jens Thoms Toerring) wrote:

    > > >The only suggestion I can come up with is: rephrase this so that
    > > >it contains information that tells what exactly you did try to
    > > >update your Perl installation and what exactly is meant by "but
    > > >fail". Without that informations it's rather unlikely that some-
    > > >body will be able to help you.

    > > Also what did he mean by packages? Maybe PPM? Maybe the installation
    > > packages for the Perl component of his Linux distribution (whichever
    > > that might be)?

    > Perl v5.8

    > I used the
    > #perl -MCPAN -e shell.
    > then I tried: #cpan> install bundle::cpan

    Shouldn't you have used

    #cpan> install Bundle::CPAN"

    Module names are, as everything else in Perl, case-sensitive...

    > It did not allow me to run the above command. I wounder if there is
    > any problem with my Perl.

    Please post the exact error message, not something you made up.
    Only the exact error messages tell what went wrong. "It did not
    allow me to run the above command" doesn't.

    > I also have problems to install some packages such as IO::Sock::SSL,
    > Unicode::MapUTF8, and Jcode.

    How did installing them fails? Again, please post the exact command
    you used and the exact error messages.

    Also note that you probably meant to install IO::Socket::SSL and
    not IO::Sock::SSL (which doesn't exist as far as I can see).

    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___

    Jens Thoms Toerring, Aug 3, 2008