Fail to upgrade all the packages of perl in Linux environment

kwan

Hello all,

I want to upgrade all the packages in perl, but fail. Any sugguest?

Thank you

Jens Thoms Toerring

kwan said:
I want to upgrade all the packages in perl, but fail. Any sugguest?

The only suggestion I can come up with is: rephrase this so that
it contains information that tells what exactly you did try to
update your Perl installation and what exactly is meant by "but
fail". Without that informations it's rather unlikely that some-
body will be able to help you.

Regards, Jens

Jürgen Exner

The only suggestion I can come up with is: rephrase this so that
it contains information that tells what exactly you did try to
update your Perl installation and what exactly is meant by "but
fail". Without that informations it's rather unlikely that some-
body will be able to help you.

Also what did he mean by packages? Maybe PPM? Maybe the installation
packages for the Perl component of his Linux distribution (whichever
that might be)?

jue

kwan

Also what did he mean by packages? Maybe PPM? Maybe the installation
packages for the Perl component of his Linux distribution (whichever
that might be)?

jue

Perl v5.8

I used the
#perl -MCPAN -e shell.
then I tried: #cpan> install bundle::cpan
It did not allow me to run the above command. I wounder if there is
any problem with my Perl.
I also have problems to install some packages such as IO::Sock::SSL,
Unicode::MapUTF8, and Jcode.
These packages are important for me to use the LDAP to work with
Twiki.
Thank you

Jens Thoms Toerring

Perl v5.8
I used the
#perl -MCPAN -e shell.
then I tried: #cpan> install bundle::cpan

Shouldn't you have used

#cpan> install Bundle::CPAN"

Module names are, as everything else in Perl, case-sensitive...
It did not allow me to run the above command. I wounder if there is
any problem with my Perl.

Please post the exact error message, not something you made up.
Only the exact error messages tell what went wrong. "It did not
allow me to run the above command" doesn't.
I also have problems to install some packages such as IO::Sock::SSL,
Unicode::MapUTF8, and Jcode.

How did installing them fails? Again, please post the exact command
you used and the exact error messages.

Also note that you probably meant to install IO::Socket::SSL and
not IO::Sock::SSL (which doesn't exist as far as I can see).

Regards, Jens