Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign

Bobby Edward

I have an xsd dataset. I created a simple query called GetDataByUserId. I
can preview the data fine!

I created a very simple BLL function that calls it and returns a datatable.

When I run the code I get....

=======================

Server Error in '/MyCompanyMyProject' Application.
Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating
non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.

Exception Details: System.Data.ConstraintException: Failed to enable
constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or
foreign-key constraints.

Source Error:

Line 2366: End If
Line 2367: Dim dataTable As dsUsers.myoptionsDataTable = New
dsUsers.myoptionsDataTable
Line 2368: Me.Adapter.Fill(dataTable) <==== LINE IS IN RED!
Line 2369: Return dataTable
Line 2370: End Function

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\MyCompanyMyProject\7eeeedcd\743a3129\App_Code.zobkgcsa.15.vb Line:
2368

=======================

Any idea why?

I verified all the data, that no pk/fk are violated, etc... Even when I
turn 'enforce constraints' off in the xsd dataset properties it still fails.

sloan

You have to ~~anally~~ go over the column names...of your ResultSet.
And compare to the strong dataset.

~anally~

Every columnName....

My guess is that you're either not returning a certain column or ... you
have a mismatched name.

Select LastName from dbo.Emp

and you ds has "LName" in the column name or something like that.

Check datatypes as well!

Bobby Edward

Thanks.

It's a simple SELECT of all the fields in the table WHERE xxxx = input
param. When I preview it (in dataset designer) it's fine, even passing it
the same variable.

When I run it thru code it fails.

Any ideas?

Bobby Edward

Thanks I got it. Per your suggestion I went over it again. For some reason
a field was marked as a PK where it shouldn't be. Wierd.

THANKS SLOAN!!!