Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80004003 Invalid poi

JerryW

I uninstalled/reinstalled .NET 2003 with no errors. When I try to
create a Visual C# ASP.NET Web Application I get the error:

"The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create
or open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/MyWebTest'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.

The Event log has:

"Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be
created. Error: 0x80004003 Invalid pointer." Event ID 1088.

I was having a different problem before this (see posts by me on Dec
29/30).

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Kiran

I had the same problem, when i tried to publish my site.
Here is how i got it solved.
Go to IIS Virtually directory and apply the permissons
wizard.
right click on the virtually directory, goto all tasks
and select permission wizard. keep clicking next with all
the default settings till it closes.

JerryW

I tried this - and no luck. I get the same error in the Event log -
"Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be
created. Error: 0x80004003 Invalid pointer"

There are two options there: "Inherit all security settings" and
"Select new security settings from a template". I tried them both and
get the same error.

Jerry

Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
solution : Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.

Try to run

aspnet_regiis -i

in the visual studio command prompt.

~Buchoo Anwar