    Please help.

    Thanks,
    Jon
    Homer, May 26, 2009

  2. Re: Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed

    Howdy Homer!

    We get this a lot in our office.

    What we do on our development machines is create a new user account with
    admin privileges.
    We then go into the IIS Administrator and use that account to run the .Net
    Processes and use passthrough authentication (I think it defaults to Network
    Service or some such... at least it does on our builds)
    Then we change the SQL server in its administrator app so that it uses that
    same user account (I believe this also defaults to Network Service).

    Hope that helps!

    William

    William Niver, May 26, 2009