failed to install .NET Framework Service Pack 2

Matthew Louden

My computer has .NET framework installed, and I attempted to install .NET
framework service pack 2 but failed. Here's the error dialog box from
Windows Installer:

The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may
update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be
upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade
patch.

I have no ideas whats going on, please help!!

David Veale

Which version of the .Net Framework are you trying to apply the service pack
to? That service pack is for .Net 1.0. The current version of the .Net
framework is 1.1.

Matthew Louden

I am using .NET framework 1.1. So there is no service pack for framework
1.1?

Thanks