    request.

    Please help.

    Thanx in Advance
    VijayRama, Oct 10, 2009

  2. VijayRama <> wrote in news:36fa4e4c-6ee0-46a0-8167-
    :

    > Im using 2 grid views in a asp.net page. When click the edit option in
    > the 2 gridview it throws the below error
    >
    > Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is
    > being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save
    > viewstate during the previous request. For example, when adding
    > controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match
    > the type and position of the controls added during the initial
    > request.
    >
    > Please help.

    Somehow you are corrupting or replacing viewstate. How you are doing
    this, I am clueless, as there is not enough information.

    One possibility is dynamically added controls.
    Another is circumventing the postback mechanism.
    Yet another is a failure ot have the correct viewstate setting on the
    page.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer