Failed to load ViewState

John Kirksey

I have a page that uses an in-place editable DataGrid that supports sorting and paging. EnableViewState is turned ON. At the top of the page are several search fields that allow the user to filter the results in the grid.

Say you filter the grid for records that have a certain condition set to "NO" (in this case a checkbox). In this scenario the search returns one result. If I then check the checkbox ("YES") and save it, I now get my message of "No records found" which is correct, because my filter is still looking for no. NOW, if I then resubmit the form, I get the following error:

System.Web.HttpException: Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request. For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request.

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState()
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.Util.AspCompatApplicationStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

The only way to not get this error is to reload the page completely.

What could be my problem??

Thanks in advance,

John Kirksey

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

it is hard to say without seeing your code. Post the relevant code.

--
Teemu Keiski
MCP, Designer/Developer

AspInsiders Member, www.aspinsiders.com
ASP.NET Forums Moderator, www.asp.net
[...]

Edwin Kusters

Without seeing the actual code it's hard to say exactly but the error as
such is rather explicit.

The viewstate stored in your page does not match the initial control tree of
your page. Seeing that you mention a "no records found" message leads me to
suspect that you are either adding extra, or more likely removing controls
from your page in this specific case. When resubmitting, the viewstate does
not contain values for those removed controls, but those controls are on the
page by default so there is a mismatch. This is (one scenario) how this
error could occur.

If you need more help you really have to post the page source for us.

Hope this helps,
Edwin Kusters
Hot ITem Informatica

[...]

You are correct, in summary this error happens when a row is removed from
the page, but from my testing it appears to only be the last row. My page
consists of a datagrid, but when the page refreshes the page is reloaded, so
the controls are rebuilt, right? I'm not sure if you want the aspx or the
codebehind, but the page is fairly large so I'll be happy to post whichever
one would help with diagnosing my problem.

John

Edwin Kusters

John,

Both preferably. But it would be nice if we were able to actually run it and
toy with it. So if your trim it down as much as possible while still
preserving the behavior it would be great. If you really need to access a
database for it then please use Northwind. The thing you should look at is
if you can turn viewstate off for the object you are removing before the
page is rendered. The viewstate is saved just before the actual rendering
takes place (and loaded during page initialization). Somewhere outside that
range objects are added or deleted.

Regards,
Edwin Kusters

Also have a quick search on the discussion groups with google for your error
you'll find a few simulair ones.

John Kirksey

Here is my code. As I said, it's pretty long. Basically it consists of a paginated Datagrid using template columns bound to data pulled back from the GetAllData() function. We store pagination info in our own session object (which we use across multiple applications.) We also use a DAL for data access.

Here is the codebehind. The aspx is is a separate post.

' ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: Page_Load

' specific processing for this page.

' ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lblMessage.Visible = False

If Not IsPostBack Then

'don't need to see the data controls yet

dgProvUpdate.Visible = False

tblNav.Visible = False

'for now store the key pagination variables in the ViewState

ViewState("PageNumber") = 1

ViewState("PageCount") = 0

ViewState("FirstOnPage") = -1

'the first time we load the page we'll order by date and get all data

ViewState("SortField") = "PROV_LAST ASC, PROV_FIRST ASC, PROV_MI"

ViewState("SortDirection") = "ASC"

ViewState("RequeryList") = True

'Get the pagination variables from ViewState

mblnRequeryList = ViewState("RequeryList")

mintPageNumber = ViewState("PageNumber")

mintNumPages = ViewState("PageCount")

mintFirstOnPage = ViewState("FirstOnPage")

mstrOrderBy = ViewState("SortField")

mstrOrderDir = ViewState("SortDirection")

mintNumItems = ViewState("ItemCount")

'here the user came here from the search provider page

If Len(Request.QueryString("ProvKey")) Then

Dim strProvKey As String, strSpecID As String

Dim intKeyPage As Integer

mstrCustomerID = Request.QueryString("customerid")

strProvKey = Request.QueryString("provkey")

strSpecID = Request.QueryString("specid")

ViewState("RequeryList") = False

'make sure the data controls are visible

dgProvUpdate.Visible = True

tblNav.Visible = True

'get the provider data

Call GetAllData(mstrCustomerID, strProvKey, intKeyPage)

Call BindGrid()

'Set the page no. to the page found in intKeyPage from GetAllData

ViewState("PageNumber") = intKeyPage

mintPageNumber = ViewState("PageNumber")

Call BindGrid()

Dim dgi As DataGridItem

Dim lblTemp As Label

Dim intRowID As Integer = 0

'Loop through the datagrid and find the provkey. When we do, mark it as editable.

For Each dgi In dgProvUpdate.Items

lblTemp = dgi.FindControl("NUM")

If lblTemp.Text = strProvKey Then

dgProvUpdate.EditItemIndex = intRowID

'Get the TaxID Type so we can use it to preselect the correct choice in the TaxIDType dropdown

ViewState("TaxIDType") = UCase(CType(dgi.FindControl("lblTaxIDType"), Label).Text)

ViewState("SpecID") = UCase(CType(dgi.FindControl("SPECID"), Label).Text)

're-bind the grid

If mintNumItems > 0 Then

Call BindGrid()

Call LoadJumpToCombo()

End If

Exit For

End If

intRowID += 1

Next

'Load the cust spec drop down and pre-select the current spec

Call LoadCustSpecCombo()

Dim i As Integer

For i = 0 To cboCustSpec.Items.Count - 1

If cboCustSpec.Items(i).Value = strSpecID Then

cboCustSpec.Items(i).Selected = True

Exit For

End If

Next

hfnAction.Value = "SetFocus_" & intRowID

End If

Else

mstrCustomerID = Request.Form("txtCustomerID")

ViewState("RequeryList") = False

'Get the pagination variables from ViewState

mblnRequeryList = ViewState("RequeryList")

mintPageNumber = ViewState("PageNumber")

mintNumPages = ViewState("PageCount")

mintFirstOnPage = ViewState("FirstOnPage")

mstrOrderBy = ViewState("SortField")

mstrOrderDir = ViewState("SortDirection")

mintNumItems = ViewState("ItemCount")

'user elected to do a group enroll/unenroll

If Request.Form("hfnAction") = "UpdateEnrollments" Then

Call UpdateEnrollments()

hfnAction.Value = ""

End If

'User elected to delete one or more providers

If Request.Form("hfnAction") = "DeleteProvider" Then

Call DeleteProvider()

hfnAction.Value = ""

End If

'Load cboCustSpec for this customer

If Request.Form("hfnAction") = "GetSpec" And Len(mstrCustomerID) Then

'make sure the data controls are invisible

dgProvUpdate.Visible = False

tblNav.Visible = False

Call LoadCustSpecCombo()

hfnAction.Value = "SpecFocus"

End If

End If

End Sub

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Function Name: UpdateEnrollments

'Returns: Nothing

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Protected Sub UpdateEnrollments()

Dim strSql As String, strEnrollKeyList As String = "", strUnEnrollKeyList As String = "", _

strReason1KeyList As String = "", strReason2KeyList As String = "", strReason3KeyList As String = "", _

strReason4KeyList As String = ""

Dim objDAL As Object

Dim dgiTemp As DataGridItem

Dim chkTemp As CheckBox

Dim cboTemp As DropDownList

Dim objRS As ADODB.Recordset

mstrCustomerID = Request.Form("txtCustomerID")

strEnrollKeyList = ""

strUnEnrollKeyList = ""

strSql = ""

'get the value of the ENROLLED checkbox

For Each dgiTemp In dgProvUpdate.Items

chkTemp = dgiTemp.FindControl("chkEnroll")

cboTemp = dgiTemp.FindControl("cboEnrolledReason")

'if it's checked, add it to the enroll list. Otherwise, add it to the unenroll list

If chkTemp.Checked = True Then

strEnrollKeyList += "'" & CType(dgiTemp.FindControl("NUM"), Label).Text & "',"

Else

strUnEnrollKeyList += "'" & CType(dgiTemp.FindControl("NUM"), Label).Text & "',"

End If

If chkTemp.Checked = True Then

strReason1KeyList += "'" & CType(dgiTemp.FindControl("NUM"), Label).Text & "',"

Else

'if the item is not checked, get the value anyway

Select Case cboTemp.SelectedItem.Value

Case 1

strReason1KeyList += "'" & CType(dgiTemp.FindControl("NUM"), Label).Text & "',"

Case 2

strReason2KeyList += "'" & CType(dgiTemp.FindControl("NUM"), Label).Text & "',"

Case 3

strReason3KeyList += "'" & CType(dgiTemp.FindControl("NUM"), Label).Text & "',"

Case 4

strReason4KeyList += "'" & CType(dgiTemp.FindControl("NUM"), Label).Text & "',"

End Select

End If

Next

'If the keylist exists, lop off the extra comma and create the SQL for it.

If strEnrollKeyList.Length > 0 Then

strEnrollKeyList = strEnrollKeyList.Remove(strEnrollKeyList.Length - 1, 1)

strSql += "Update Provider set Enrolled = 'Y' where PROVKEY in (" & strEnrollKeyList & ") and customerid = '" & mstrCustomerID & "';"

End If

If strUnEnrollKeyList.Length > 0 Then

strUnEnrollKeyList = strUnEnrollKeyList.Remove(strUnEnrollKeyList.Length - 1, 1)

strSql += "Update Provider set Enrolled = 'N' where PROVKEY in (" & strUnEnrollKeyList & ") and customerid = '" & mstrCustomerID & "';"

End If

If strReason1KeyList.Length > 0 Then

strReason1KeyList = strReason1KeyList.Remove(strReason1KeyList.Length - 1, 1)

strSql += "Update Provider set EnrolledReasonID = 1 where PROVKEY in (" & strReason1KeyList & ") and customerid = '" & mstrCustomerID & "';"

End If

If strReason2KeyList.Length > 0 Then

strReason2KeyList = strReason2KeyList.Remove(strReason2KeyList.Length - 1, 1)

strSql += "Update Provider set EnrolledReasonID = 2 where PROVKEY in (" & strReason2KeyList & ") and customerid = '" & mstrCustomerID & "';"

End If

If strReason3KeyList.Length > 0 Then

strReason3KeyList = strReason3KeyList.Remove(strReason3KeyList.Length - 1, 1)

strSql += "Update Provider set EnrolledReasonID = 3 where PROVKEY in (" & strReason3KeyList & ") and customerid = '" & mstrCustomerID & "';"

End If

If strReason4KeyList.Length > 0 Then

strReason4KeyList = strReason4KeyList.Remove(strReason4KeyList.Length - 1, 1)

strSql += "Update Provider set EnrolledReasonID = 4 where PROVKEY in (" & strReason4KeyList & ") and customerid = '" & mstrCustomerID & "';"

End If

'instantiate the DAL

objDAL = CreateObject("PayerpathDAL.dsnBSGSystem")

Try

'run the query

objDAL.RundsnBSGSystemSQL(strSql)

Catch e As Exception

Throw New ApplicationException(e.ToString)

Finally

'release any objects

If Not objDAL Is Nothing Then

Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objDAL)

End If

End Try

'requery the database and rebind the grid

Call GetAllData()

If mintNumItems > 0 Then

Call BindGrid()

End If

End Sub

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Function Name: Form_Submit()

'Returns: Nothing

'History:

' 04-25-03 JK - Created New

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Protected Sub Form_Submit(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)

'if a provider was marked for updating and the user shifted gears, reset the edititemindex to -1

dgProvUpdate.EditItemIndex = -1

'reset the current pagenumber

ViewState("PageNumber") = 1

mintPageNumber = ViewState("PageNumber")

Call GetAllData()

If mintNumItems > 0 Then

Call BindGrid()

Call LoadJumpToCombo()

Else

lblMessage.Visible = True

lblMessage.Text = "No records found."

End If

End Sub

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Function Name: GetAllData

'Returns: Nothing

'History:

' 04-25-03 JK - Created New

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub GetAllData(Optional ByVal strCustomerID As String = "", _

Optional ByVal strProvKey As String = "", _

Optional ByRef intKeyPage As Integer = 0)

Dim strSql As String, strWhereClause As String = ""

Dim objDAL As Object

Dim objRS As ADODB.Recordset

'if we didn't pass it in get the customerID from the Request object

If Len(strCustomerID) = 0 Then

mstrCustomerID = Request.Form("txtCustomerID")

End If

'Build the where clause, if any

If Len(Request.Form("txtPayerID")) Then

strWhereClause += " AND p.PayerID = '" & Request.Form("txtPayerID") & "'"

End If

If Len(Request.QueryString("specid")) Then

strWhereClause += " AND p.SpecID = '" & Request.QueryString("specid") & "'"

ElseIf Len(Request.Form("cboCustSpec")) And Request.Form("cboCustSpec") <> "ALL" Then

strWhereClause += " AND p.SpecID = '" & Request.Form("cboCustSpec") & "'"

End If

If Len(Request.Form("cboEnrolled")) Then

strWhereClause += " AND p.Enrolled = '" & Request.Form("cboEnrolled") & "'"

End If

'instantiate the DAL

objDAL = CreateObject("PayerpathDAL.dsnBSGSystem")

'If ordering by last name, add first name and middle initial to the query

If mstrOrderBy = "PROV_LAST" Then

mstrOrderBy = "PROV_LAST " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_FIRST " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_MI"

End If

'if ordering by anything other than name, append name to the order by clause

If mstrOrderBy <> "PROV_LAST " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_FIRST " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_MI" And mstrOrderBy <> "PROV_LAST" Then

mstrOrderBy += " " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_LAST " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_FIRST " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_MI"

End If

Try

objRS = objDAL.GetProviderInfo(mstrCustomerID, mstrOrderBy, mstrOrderDir, strWhereClause)

'This section here is used to get the pagenumber of a provider to mark as editable if we

'came here from the Search Provider screen.

strProvKey = "{" & strProvKey & "}"

Do While Not objRS.EOF

If objRS.Fields("NUM").Value = strProvKey.ToUpper Then

Exit Do

End If

intKeyPage += 1

objRS.MoveNext()

Loop

'divide the index by the number of items per page to get the page no.

Dim dblTemp As Double

dblTemp = intKeyPage / RECORDSPERPAGE

'round down to the nearest whole number

intKeyPage = Math.Floor(dblTemp)

intKeyPage += 1

'get the number of items

mintNumItems = objRS.RecordCount

ViewState("ItemCount") = mintNumItems

'Save the pagination info

fobjState.CreatePaginationList(objRS)

'save the session

fobjState.SaveSession()

Catch ex As Exception

Throw New ApplicationException(ex.ToString)

Finally

If Not objDAL Is Nothing Then

'release the DAL

System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objDAL)

End If

End Try

End Sub

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Function Name: BindGrid()

' ADO recordset, then is converted to a dataset so it can be bound to the datagrid.

'Returns: Nothing

'History:

' 04-25-03 JK - Created New

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub BindGrid()

Dim dsTemp As DataSet = New DataSet()

Dim odaTemp As OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter()

Dim objRS As ADODB.Recordset

'first default all nav buttons to enabled

cmdFirst.Enabled = True

cmdNext.Enabled = True

cmdPrev.Enabled = True

cmdLast.Enabled = True

'make sure these are blank before we repopulate them

mstrJumpToOption = ""

mstrJumpToOptionText = ""

Try

'if we are sorted by a combination of first-middle-last, use only last name to build the drop down list

If mstrOrderBy = "PROV_LAST " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_FIRST " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_MI" Then

mstrOrderBy = "PROV_LAST"

End If

'if the sort field is a combo of a field and then first-middle-last, remove the first-middle-last

'string from the end of the sort field

Dim strRemoveText As String = " " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_LAST " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_FIRST " & mstrOrderDir & ", PROV_MI"

If mstrOrderBy.IndexOf(strRemoveText) > 0 Then

mstrOrderBy = mstrOrderBy.Remove(mstrOrderBy.IndexOf(strRemoveText), strRemoveText.Length)

End If

'get the pagination info from the WUSMAP

objRS = fobjState.GetPaginationRS(RECORDSPERPAGE, mintPageNumber, mintFirstOnPage, mintNumPages, mintNumItems, _

mstrJumpToOption, mstrJumpToOptionText, mstrItemList, mstrOrderBy)

'get the number of records on this page, only needed in case we delete all items on the last page to

'adjust the page number accordingly

mintItemsOnPage = objRS.RecordCount

'disable the nav button as appropriate

If mintPageNumber = mintNumPages Then

cmdLast.Enabled = False

cmdNext.Enabled = False

End If

If mintPageNumber = 1 Then

cmdFirst.Enabled = False

cmdPrev.Enabled = False

End If

'use the OLEDbDataAdapter to fill the ADO recordset from the ADO.NET dataset.

odaTemp.Fill(dsTemp, objRS, "Provdata")

'ensure the data controls are visible

tblNav.Visible = True

dgProvUpdate.Visible = True

'bind the grid

dgProvUpdate.DataSource = dsTemp

dgProvUpdate.DataBind()

Catch e As Exception

Throw New ApplicationException(e.ToString)

Finally

'release any objects

odaTemp.Dispose()

dsTemp.Dispose()

If Not objRS Is Nothing Then

System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objRS)

End If

End Try

'update the pagecount from WUSMAP

ViewState("PageCount") = mintNumPages

End Sub

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: TaxIDType()

' user edits a row in the datagrid and populates the cboTaxIDType

' with the available types. Tax ID types are returned in the form

' of an ADO.NET data table.

' Returns: ADO.NET DataTable

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Public Function TaxIDType() As DataTable

Dim dtTemp As DataTable = New DataTable()

Dim dcTemp As DataColumn = New DataColumn()

Dim drTemp As DataRow

'Create and add the columns to the datatable

dcTemp.ColumnName = "TAX_ID_VAL"

dtTemp.Columns.Add(dcTemp)

dcTemp = New DataColumn()

dcTemp.ColumnName = "TAX_ID_NAME"

dtTemp.Columns.Add(dcTemp)

'create and add the rows to the datatable

drTemp = dtTemp.NewRow()

drTemp("TAX_ID_VAL") = ""

drTemp("TAX_ID_NAME") = ""

dtTemp.Rows.Add(drTemp)

drTemp = dtTemp.NewRow()

drTemp("TAX_ID_VAL") = "E"

drTemp("TAX_ID_NAME") = "EIN"

dtTemp.Rows.Add(drTemp)

drTemp = dtTemp.NewRow()

drTemp("TAX_ID_VAL") = "S"

drTemp("TAX_ID_NAME") = "SSN"

dtTemp.Rows.Add(drTemp)

'return the temporary table

Return dtTemp

End Function

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: GetReasonCode()

' Called when the user edits a row in the datagrid and populates

' the cboReasonCode with the available types.

' Returns: ADO.NET DataTable

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Public Function GetReasonCode() As DataTable

Dim strSql As String

Dim objDAL As Object

Dim objRS As ADODB.Recordset

'get the customerID from the Request object

mstrCustomerID = Request.Form("txtCustomerID")

'if it wasn't in the form, it may be in the querystring if we came from the search screen

If Len(mstrCustomerID) = 0 Then

mstrCustomerID = Request.QueryString("customerid")

End If

'build the sql

strSql = "Select * from EnrolledReason"

'instantiate the DAL

objDAL = CreateObject("PayerpathDAL.dsnBSGSystem")

objRS = objDAL.RundsnBSGSystemSQLReturnRS(strSql)

'create the ADO.NET objects

Dim dt As DataTable = New DataTable()

Dim oda As OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter()

'Fill the DataTable with the recordset data

oda.Fill(dt, objRS)

'return the DataTable

Return dt

End Function

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: GetSpec()

' Called when the user edits a row in the datagrid and populates

' the cboReasonCode with the available types.

' Returns: ADO.NET DataTable

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Public Function GetSpec() As DataTable

Dim strSql As String

Dim objDAL As Object

Dim objRS As ADODB.Recordset

objRS = GetSpecData()

'create the ADO.NET objects

Dim dt As DataTable = New DataTable()

Dim oda As OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter()

'Fill the DataTable with the recordset data

oda.Fill(dt, objRS)

'return the DataTable

Return dt

End Function

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: GetSpecData

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Protected Function GetSpecData() As ADODB.Recordset

Dim strSql As String = ""

Dim objDAL As Object

Dim objRS As ADODB.Recordset

'get the customerID from the Request object

mstrCustomerID = Request.Form("txtCustomerID")

'if it wasn't in the form, it may be in the querystring if we came from the search screen

If Len(mstrCustomerID) = 0 Then

mstrCustomerID = Request.QueryString("customerid")

End If

'build the sql statement

strSql = "Select c.specid as specid,s.specname as specname " & _

"from CUSTSPEC c INNER JOIN SpcIDRef s on c.specid = s.specid where customerid='" & mstrCustomerID & _

"' and s.specid not in (select unknownspecid from formtypeinfo) order by s.specname"

Try

'instantiate the DAL

objDAL = CreateObject("PayerpathDAL.dsnBSGSystem")

objRS = objDAL.RundsnBSGSystemSQLReturnRS(strSql)

'if there were no records check in Local

If objRS.RecordCount = 0 Then

strSql = "Select c.specid,s.specname,s.spec_assign_id,s.spec_assign_id2,s.ProvTablePayerIDReq " & _

"from CUSTSPEC c INNER JOIN dsnBSGSystem.dbo.SpcIDRef s on c.specid = s.specid where customerid='" & mstrCustomerID & _

"' and s.specid not in (select unknownspecid from dsnBSGSystem.dbo.formtypeinfo) order by s.specname"

Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objDAL)

objDAL = CreateObject("PayerpathDAL.dsnBSGSystem")

'run the sql

objRS = objDAL.RundsnBSGSystemSQLReturnRS(strSql)

End If

'return the recordset

Return objRS

objRS.ActiveConnection = Nothing

Catch ex As Exception

Throw New ApplicationException(ex.ToString)

Finally

'release any objects

If Not objDAL Is Nothing Then

Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objDAL)

End If

End Try

End Function

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: LoadCustSpecCombo()

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Protected Sub LoadCustSpecCombo()

Dim objRS As ADODB.Recordset

'call GetSpecData to get a recordset of LOBs

objRS = GetSpecData()

'clear out the drop down so we don't have any dupes

cboCustSpec.Items.Clear()

cboCustSpec.Items.Add(New ListItem("ALL", "ALL"))

'loop through the recordset and add items to the CustSpec drop down

Do While Not objRS.EOF

cboCustSpec.Items.Add(New ListItem(objRS.Fields("specname").Value, objRS.Fields("specid").Value))

objRS.MoveNext()

Loop

End Sub

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: PrePageDisplayLogic

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Protected Overrides Sub PrePageDisplayLogic()

Try

'set the objects fields for the current page

fstrPageTitle = "Update Provider"

fstrPageName = "UpdateProvider"

fblnPrint = False

fblnShowMenu = True

'DNR. The base class will need these objects

flitHeadHeader = litHeadHeader

flitHeadFooter = litHeadFooter

Catch

RaisePageError(Err, "PageDisplayLogic")

End Try

End Sub

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: dgProvUpdate_EditCommand()

' datasource.

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub dgProvUpdate_EditCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs) Handles dgProvUpdate.EditCommand

'this tells the datagrid to render one row (the selected one) as editable fields

dgProvUpdate.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex

'Get the TaxID Type so we can use it to preselect the correct choice in the TaxIDType dropdown

ViewState("TaxIDType") = UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("lblTaxIDType"), Label).Text)

ViewState("SpecID") = UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("SPECID"), Label).Text)

ViewState("EnrolledReason") = CType(e.Item.FindControl("cboEnrolledReason"), DropDownList).SelectedItem.Value

're-bind the grid

Call BindGrid()

hfnAction.Value = "SetFocus_" & e.Item.ItemIndex

End Sub

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: DeleteProvider()

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub DeleteProvider()

Dim strSql As String, strProvKey As String, strDeleteList As String

Dim objDAL As Object

Dim rsDeleteList As ADODB.Recordset

Dim dgiTemp As DataGridItem

Dim chkTemp As CheckBox

'get the relevant provkey value

For Each dgiTemp In dgProvUpdate.Items

chkTemp = CType(dgiTemp.FindControl("chkDelete"), CheckBox)

If chkTemp.Checked = True Then

strProvKey += CType(dgiTemp.FindControl("NUM"), Label).Text & ","

End If

Next

'LOP off the last comma and insert the single quotes for the IN clause

strProvKey = strProvKey.Remove(strProvKey.Length - 1, 1)

strProvKey = strProvKey.Replace(",", "','")

Try

'instantiate the DAL

objDAL = CreateObject("PayerpathDAL.dsnBSGSystem")

'get a recordset of prov_id's to be deleted

strSql = "SELECT 'Provider[' + PROV_ID + '];SpecID[' + Str(SPECID,3) + ']' from provider WHERE PROVKEY IN ('" & strProvKey & "')"

rsDeleteList = objDAL.RundsnBSGSystemSQLReturnRS(strSql)

'create a comma-delimited list of provider info

strDeleteList = rsDeleteList.GetString(ADODB.StringFormatEnum.adClipString, , " ", ",")

strDeleteList = Left(strDeleteList, Len(strDeleteList) - 1)

rsDeleteList.Close()

'delete the providers

strSql = "DELETE From Provider Where PROVKEY in ('" & strProvKey & "')"

objDAL.RundsnBSGSystemSQL(strSql)

'make an entry into tracklog

AddTrackLog(Request.Form("txtCustomerID"), " deleted " & strDeleteList & " for " & Request.Form("txtCustomerID") & ".", "UpdateProvider.aspx")

Catch ex As Exception

Throw New ApplicationException(ex.ToString)

Finally

If Not objDAL Is Nothing Then

'release the DAL

System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objDAL)

End If

End Try

'requery the database

Call GetAllData()

If mintNumItems > 0 Then

'if there are items remaining, re-bind the datagrid

Call BindGrid()

Call LoadJumpToCombo()

Else

'if the last item has been deleted, notify the user and hide the datagrid and nav controls.

lblMessage.Visible = True

lblMessage.Text = "No records found."

dgProvUpdate.Visible = False

tblNav.Visible = False

End If

End Sub

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: dgProvUpdate_CancelCommand()

' datasource.

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub dgProvUpdate_CancelCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs) Handles dgProvUpdate.CancelCommand

'setting EditItemIndex = -1 sets all rows back to non editable

dgProvUpdate.EditItemIndex = -1

Call BindGrid()

End Sub

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: dgProvUpdate_UpdateCommand()

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub dgProvUpdate_UpdateCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs) Handles dgProvUpdate.UpdateCommand

Dim strProvKey As String, strSql As String, strSpecID As String, strProvID As String, strProvGroupNo As String, _

strProvLast As String, strProvFirst As String, strProvMI As String, strProvName As String, strProvTaxID As String, _

strProvTaxIDType As String, strSpecAssignID As String, strSpecAssignID2 As String, strBatch As String, _

strPayerID As String, strEnrolled As String, strEnrolledReasonID As String

Dim objRS As ADODB.Recordset

Dim objDAL As Object

Try

'get all the values from the datagrid

strProvKey = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("NUM"), Label).Text))

strSpecID = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("cboSpec"), DropDownList).SelectedItem.Value))

strProvID = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("PROV_ID"), TextBox).Text))

strProvGroupNo = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("PROV_GROUPNO"), TextBox).Text))

strProvLast = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("PROV_LAST"), TextBox).Text))

strProvFirst = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("PROV_FIRST"), TextBox).Text))

strProvMI = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("PROV_MI"), TextBox).Text))

strProvName = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("SITENAME"), Label).Text))

strProvTaxID = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("PROV_TAXID"), TextBox).Text))

strProvTaxIDType = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("PROV_TAXID_TYPE"), DropDownList).SelectedItem.Value))

strSpecAssignID = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("SPEC_ASSIGN_ID"), TextBox).Text))

strSpecAssignID2 = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("SPEC_ASSIGN_ID2"), TextBox).Text))

strBatch = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("NSFBatching"), TextBox).Text))

strPayerID = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("PAYERID"), TextBox).Text))

If CType(e.Item.FindControl("chkEnroll"), CheckBox).Checked = True Then

strEnrolled = "Y"

Else

strEnrolled = "N"

End If

'if Enrolled is Yes then default the reason to "Enrolled"

If strEnrolled = "Y" Then

strEnrolledReasonID = "1"

Else

strEnrolledReasonID = Trim$(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("cboEnrolledReason"), DropDownList).SelectedItem.Value))

End If

'build the sql, if fields are blank then set the value to NULL

strSql = "UPDATE Provider set "

If strSpecID.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "SPECID = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "SPECID = '" & strSpecID & "', "

End If

If strProvID.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "PROV_ID = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "PROV_ID = '" & strProvID & "', "

End If

If strProvGroupNo.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "PROV_GROUPNO = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "PROV_GROUPNO = '" & strProvGroupNo & "', "

End If

If strProvLast.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "PROV_LAST = NULL, "

Else

If strProvLast.IndexOf("'") > -1 Then

strProvLast = strProvLast.Replace("'", "''")

End If

strSql += "PROV_LAST = '" & strProvLast & "', "

End If

If strProvFirst.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "PROV_FIRST = NULL, "

Else

If strProvFirst.IndexOf("'") > -1 Then

strProvFirst = strProvFirst.Replace("'", "''")

End If

strSql += "PROV_FIRST = '" & strProvFirst & "', "

End If

If strProvMI.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "PROV_MI = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "PROV_MI = '" & strProvMI & "', "

End If

If strProvName.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "PROV_NAME = NULL, "

Else

If strProvName.IndexOf("'") > -1 Then

strProvName = strProvName.Replace("'", "''")

End If

strSql += "PROV_NAME = '" & strProvName & "', "

End If

If strProvTaxID.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "PROV_TAXID = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "PROV_TAXID = '" & strProvTaxID & "', "

End If

If strProvTaxIDType.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "PROV_TAXID_TYPE = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "PROV_TAXID_TYPE = '" & strProvTaxIDType & "', "

End If

If strSpecAssignID.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "SPEC_ASSIGN_ID = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "SPEC_ASSIGN_ID = '" & strSpecAssignID & "', "

End If

If strSpecAssignID2.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "SPEC_ASSIGN_ID2 = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "SPEC_ASSIGN_ID2 = '" & strSpecAssignID2 & "', "

End If

If strBatch.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "NSFBatching = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "NSFBatching = '" & strBatch & "', "

End If

If strPayerID.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "PAYERID = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "PAYERID = '" & strPayerID & "', "

End If

If strEnrolled.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "ENROLLED = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "ENROLLED = '" & strEnrolled & "', "

End If

If strEnrolledReasonID.Length = 0 Then

strSql += "EnrolledReasonID = NULL, "

Else

strSql += "EnrolledReasonID = '" & strEnrolledReasonID & "', "

End If

strSql = strSql.Remove(strSql.Length - 2, 1)

strSql += " WHERE PROVKEY = '" & strProvKey & "'"

objDAL = CreateObject("PayerpathDAL.dsnBSGSystem")

objDAL.rundsnBSGSystemSQL(strSql)

'make an entry into tracklog

AddTrackLog(Request.Form("txtCustomerID"), " updated provider [" & strProvFirst & " " & strProvMI & _

" " & strProvLast & ": " & strProvID & "] for " & Request.Form("txtCustomerID") & ".", "UpdateProvider.aspx")

'reset the rows to non-editable

dgProvUpdate.EditItemIndex = -1

Catch ex As Exception

Throw New ApplicationException(ex.ToString())

Finally

Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objDAL)

End Try

'Re-query the database and re-bind the datagrid

Call GetAllData()

If mintNumItems > 0 Then

'if there are items remaining, re-bind the datagrid

Call BindGrid()

Call LoadJumpToCombo()

Else

'if the last item has been deleted, notify the user and hide the datagrid and nav controls.

lblMessage.Visible = True

lblMessage.Text = "No records found."

dgProvUpdate.Visible = False

tblNav.Visible = False

End If

End Sub

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: dgProvUpdate_ItemDataBound()

' datasource.

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub dgProvUpdate_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles dgProvUpdate.ItemDataBound

Dim cboTemp As DropDownList

'When an item is edited (ListItemType.EditItem) preselect the value of the TaxIDType drop down

'based on the value of the PROV_TAXID_TYPE field (ViewState("TaxIDType"))

If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.EditItem Then

cboTemp = CType(e.Item.FindControl("PROV_TAXID_TYPE"), DropDownList)

cboTemp.SelectedIndex = cboTemp.Items.IndexOf(cboTemp.Items.FindByValue(ViewState("TaxIDType")))

cboTemp = CType(e.Item.FindControl("cboSPEC"), DropDownList)

cboTemp.SelectedIndex = cboTemp.Items.IndexOf(cboTemp.Items.FindByValue(ViewState("SpecID")))

cboTemp = CType(e.Item.FindControl("cboEnrolledReason"), DropDownList)

cboTemp.SelectedIndex = cboTemp.Items.IndexOf(cboTemp.Items.FindByValue(ViewState("EnrolledReason")))

End If

'when each row is drawn, find the checkbox. If the value of the ENROLLED field (lblEnrolled) is

'"Y", then check the checkbox

If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Item Or e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.AlternatingItem Or e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.EditItem Then

Dim chkTemp As CheckBox

'get the value of the ENROLLED field indicated by lblEnrolled

ViewState("Enrolled") = UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("lblEnrolled"), Label).Text)

'get a reference to the current chkEnroll checkbox

chkTemp = CType(e.Item.FindControl("chkEnroll"), CheckBox)

'check the checkbox if appropriate

If ViewState("Enrolled") = "Y" Then

chkTemp.Checked = True

Else

chkTemp.Checked = False

End If

'Find the enrolled reason dropdown. Get the reason code (from lblReasonID) and preselect it in the dropdown.

ViewState("EnrolledReason") = CInt(UCase(CType(e.Item.FindControl("lblReasonID"), Label).Text))

'get a reference to the dropdown

cboTemp = CType(e.Item.FindControl("cboEnrolledReason"), DropDownList)

cboTemp.SelectedIndex = ViewState("EnrolledReason") - 1

End If

End Sub

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Function Name: dgProvUpdate_ItemCreated()

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Public Sub dgProvUpdate_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles dgProvUpdate.ItemCreated

Dim strTemp As String

Dim tcTemp As TableCell = New TableCell()

Dim dgiTemp As DataGridItem

Dim lnkTemp As LinkButton

dgiTemp = e.Item

tcTemp = CType(dgiTemp.Controls(0), TableCell)

If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.EditItem Then

lnkTemp = tcTemp.Controls(0)

lnkTemp.Attributes.Add("onclick", "Javascript:if(ValidateReason(" & e.Item.ItemIndex & ")){return true;}else{return false;}")

End If

End Sub

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Function Name: SortGrid()

' sets the sort field, and then calls GetAllData, BindGrid, and LoadJumpToCombo to requery

' the database and refresh the grid and drop down.

'History:

' 02-06-03 JK - Created New

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Protected Sub SortGrid(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridSortCommandEventArgs) Handles dgProvUpdate.SortCommand

mstrOrderBy = e.SortExpression

'toggle the sort order

If mstrOrderBy = ViewState("SortField") Then

If mstrOrderDir = "ASC" Then

mstrOrderDir = "DESC"

Else

mstrOrderDir = "ASC"

End If

Else

mstrOrderDir = "ASC"

End If

ViewState("SortField") = mstrOrderBy

ViewState("SortDirection") = mstrOrderDir

'requery the database, rebind the grid, and repopulate the jump to combo

Call GetAllData()

If mintNumItems > 0 Then

Call BindGrid()

Call LoadJumpToCombo()

End If

End Sub

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Function Name: cmdNext_Click()

'History:

' 04-28-03 JK - Created New

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub cmdNext_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdNext.Click

'increment the page num by 1

ViewState("PageNumber") = mintPageNumber + 1

mintPageNumber = ViewState("PageNumber")

'if a provider was marked for updating and the user shifted gears, reset the edititemindex to -1

dgProvUpdate.EditItemIndex = -1

'rebind the grid

Call BindGrid()

End Sub

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Function Name: cmdPrev_Click()

'History:

' 04-28-03 JK - Created New

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub cmdPrev_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdPrev.Click

'decrement the page num by 1

ViewState("PageNumber") = mintPageNumber - 1

mintPageNumber = ViewState("PageNumber")

'if a provider was marked for updating and the user shifted gears, reset the edititemindex to -1

dgProvUpdate.EditItemIndex = -1

'rebind the grid

Call BindGrid()

End Sub

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Function Name: cmdLast_Click()

'History:

' 04-28-03 JK - Created New

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub cmdLast_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdLast.Click

'we're going to the last page, so the pagenum should equal the page count

mintPageNumber = ViewState("PageCount")

ViewState("PageNumber") = mintPageNumber

'if a provider was marked for updating and the user shifted gears, reset the edititemindex to -1

dgProvUpdate.EditItemIndex = -1

'rebind the grid

Call BindGrid()

End Sub

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Function Name: cmdFirst_Click()

' BindGrid to refresh the data.

'History:

' 04-28-03 JK - Created New

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Sub cmdFirst_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdFirst.Click

'set the page num = to the first page

mintPageNumber = 1

ViewState("PageNumber") = 1

'if a provider was marked for updating and the user shifted gears, reset the edititemindex to -1

dgProvUpdate.EditItemIndex = -1

'rebind the grid

Call BindGrid()

End Sub

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Function Name: LoadJumpToCombo()

'History:

' 04-28-03 JK - Created new

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Public Sub LoadJumpToCombo()

Dim intIndex As Integer, intIndex2 As Integer

cboPage.Items.Clear()

'populate the drop down

intIndex = 1

Try

Do While intIndex > 0

intIndex = mstrJumpToOption.IndexOfAny(",")

intIndex2 = mstrJumpToOptionText.IndexOfAny(",")

'parse the strings (comma-delimited) of names and values and add them

'ex. 200102031500,200102031501,200102031502

'if the intIndex < 0, i.e -1, then there is only one item. Add it, and since the value is

'-1, the loop will exit

If intIndex < 0 Then

cboPage.Items.Add(New ListItem(mstrJumpToOptionText, mstrJumpToOption))

'if the intIndex is > 0, then there are multiple items. Add the current item, and loop

'back around for more, until intIndex = -1

Else

cboPage.Items.Add(New ListItem(mstrJumpToOptionText.Substring(0, _

mstrJumpToOptionText.Length - (mstrJumpToOptionText.Length - intIndex2)), _

mstrJumpToOption.Substring(0, mstrJumpToOption.Length - (mstrJumpToOption.Length - intIndex))))

End If

'lop the item we just added to the drop down off of the end of the string

mstrJumpToOption = mstrJumpToOption.Remove(0, intIndex + 1)

mstrJumpToOptionText = mstrJumpToOptionText.Remove(0, intIndex2 + 1)

Loop

cboPage.Items(mintPageNumber - 1).Selected = True

'change the page's action to SpecChanged

hfnAction.Value = "SpecChanged"

Catch ex As Exception

Throw New ApplicationException(ex.ToString())

End Try

End Sub

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Function Name: cboPage_SelectedIndexChanged()

'History:

' 05-01-03 JK - Created New

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub cboPage_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cboPage.SelectedIndexChanged

'set the pagenumber to the selected index of the jump to combo

ViewState("PageNumber") = cboPage.SelectedItem.Value

mintPageNumber = ViewState("PageNumber")

'rebind the grid

Call BindGrid()

'if a provider was marked for updating and the user shifted gears, reset the edititemindex to -1

dgProvUpdate.EditItemIndex = -1

End Sub

End Class