Failed to load viewstate

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by kalia, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. kalia

    kalia Guest

    Hi All,

    We are getting a "Failed to load viewstate" error occasionally.

    The exact error is as follows:

    Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is being
    loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during
    the previous request. For example, when adding controls dynamically, the
    controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the
    controls added during the initial request.
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
    at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)
    at OC_WebControls.TocControlContainer.CreateControls(ResourceManager
    LocRM, WebControlFactory ControlFactory, DataRow[] Rows, Hashtable
    htParentControls)
    at Jupiter.RunTimeForm.ConstructFormView(DataSet dsScreenDefinition)
    at Jupiter.RunTimeForm.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

    There are many controls on the form, mostly dot net controls including
    textboxes, labelse, checkboxes, htmlimage, hidden field, combo, etc...but
    also UltraWebGrig and UltraWebTab from Infragistics.

    The problem is diffiult to reproduce using the debug version of the
    application so we havn't pin pointed which control has the problem. (I will
    put in a try...catch which throws an error idenitifying the control name and
    test a 'Release' version.)

    The problem arrises after the site has been used for some time, then
    frequently occurrs, then disappears for a long time, only to reappear later.

    We are using .Net Framework version 1.1.4322

    Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.
    Regards,
    Eamon.

    kalia, Apr 18, 2005