Failing getting windows identity

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Pall Olafss, Jul 21, 2010.

  1. Pall Olafss

    Pall Olafss Guest

    Hi,

    We are facing a strange behavior in our environment. We are running stress
    test on our web application and for some reason the application fails getting
    the user idenity but only sometimes. It works 99% but the application throws
    this exception like once every 10 sec.

    We are running .net 3.5 and using Kerberos. I cant find much information
    about this error so I hope you can help me out.

    Here is the exception;

    Timestamp: 7/20/2010 4:36:35 PM
    Message: HandlingInstanceID: cbd6db58-3201-437c-86c8-ffc63b772b1d
    An exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' occurred and was
    caught.
    07/20/2010 16:36:35
    Type : System.Web.HttpUnhandledException, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    Message : Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
    Source : System.Web
    Help link :
    ErrorCode : -2147467259
    Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    TargetSite : Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)
    Stack Trace : at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
    Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at ASP.pages_librarycollectionview_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    completedSynchronously)

    Additional Info:

    MachineName :
    TimeStamp : 7/20/2010 4:36:35 PM
    FullName : Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling,
    Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    AppDomainName :
    ThreadIdentity :
    WindowsIdentity :
    Inner Exception
    ---------------
    Type : System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    Message : Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: ptr
    Source : mscorlib
    Help link :
    ParamName : ptr
    Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    TargetSite : System.String PtrToStringUni(IntPtr, Int32)
    Stack Trace : at
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.PtrToStringUni(IntPtr ptr, Int32 len)
    at
    System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.TranslateToNTAccounts(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Boolean& someFailed)
    at
    System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean& someFailed)
    at
    System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
    at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(Type targetType)
    at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetName()
    at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_Name()

    Category: General
    EventId: 100
    Severity: Error
    Title:pSE
    Machine:
    Application Domain:
    Process Id: 4292
    Process Name: c:\winnt\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
    Win32 Thread Id: 244
    Thread Name:
    Extended Properties:

    Pall Olafss, Jul 21, 2010