fairly urgent request: paid python (or other) work required

lkcl

i apologise for having to contact so many people but this is fairly
urgent, and i'm running out of time and options. i'm a free software
programmer, and i need some paid work - preferably python - fairly
urgently, so that i can pay for food and keep paying rent, and so that
my family doesn't get deported or have to leave the country.

i really would not be doing this unless it was absolutely, absolutely
essential that i get money.

so that both i and the list are not unnecessarily spammed, please
don't reply with recommendations of "where to get jobs", unless they
are guaranteed to result in immediate work and money.

if you have need of a highly skilled and experienced python-preferring
free-software-preferring software engineer, please simply contact me,
and tell me what you need doing: there's no need for you to read the
rest of this message.

so that people are not offended by me asking on such a high-volume
list for work, here are some questions and answers:

Q: who are you?
A: luke leighton. free sofware developer, free software project
leader, and "unusual cross-project mash-up-er" (meaning: i spot the
value of joining one or more bits of disparate "stuff" to make
something that's more powerful than its components).

Q: where's your CV?
A: executive version of CV is at http://lkcl.net/exec_cv.txt - please
don't ask for a proprietary microsoft word version, as a refusal and
referral to the "sylvester response" often offends.

Q: what can you do?
A: python programming, c programming, web development, networking,
cryptography, reverse-engineering, IT security, etc. etc. preferably
involving free software.

Q: what do you need?
A: money to pay rent and food. at the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM, i need as
little as £1500 per month to pay everything, and have been earning
approx £800 per month for the past year. a £5000 inheritance last
year which i was not expecting has delayed eviction and bankruptcy for
me and my family, and deportation for my partner and 17 month old
daughter (marie is here in the UK on a FLR/M visa)

Q: why are you asking here?
A: because it's urgent that i get money really really soon; my family
members are refusing to assist, and the few friends that i have do not
have any spare money to lend.

Q: why here and not "monster jobs" or "python-jobs list" or the
various "recruitment agencies"?
A: those are full-time employment positions, which i have been
frequently applying for and get rejected for various reasons, and i'm
running out of time and money. further interviews cost money, and do
not result in guaranteed work. i need work - and money - _now_.

Q: why here and not "peopleperhour.com"?
A: if you've ever bid on peopleperhour.com you will know that you are
bidding against "offshore" contrators and even being undercut by 1st
world country bidders who, insanely, appear to be happy to do work for
as little as £2 / hour.

Q: why are you getting rejected from interviews?
A: that's complex. a) i simply don't interview well. people with the
classic symptoms of asperger's just don't. b) my daughter is 17 months
old. when i go away for as little as 3 days, which i've done three
times now, she is extremely upset both when i am away and when i
return. i think what would happen if i was doing some sort of full-
time job, away from home, and... i can't do it. subconsciously that
affects how i react when speaking to interviewers.

Q: why do you not go "get a job at tesco's" or "drive a truck"?
A: tescos and HGV driving etc. pay around £12 per hour. £12 per hour
after tax comes down to about £8 to £9 per hour. £9 per hour requires
35 hours per week to earn as little as £1500. 35 hours per week is
effectively full-time, and means that a) my programming and software
engineering skills are utterly, utterly wasted b) my daughter gets
extremely upset because i won't be at home.

so you get the gist, and thank you for putting up with me needing to
take this action.

l.

Daniel Fetchinson

[...]

A: luke leighton. free sofware developer, free software project

A: executive version of CV is at http://lkcl.net/exec_cv.txt - please
don't ask for a proprietary microsoft word version, as a refusal and
referral to the "sylvester response" often offends.

Q: what can you do?
A: python programming, c programming, web development, networking,
cryptography, reverse-engineering, IT security, etc. etc. preferably
involving free software.

Q: what do you need?
A: money to pay rent and food. at the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM, i need as
little as £1500 per month to pay everything, and have been earning
approx £800 per month for the past year. a £5000 inheritance last
year which i was not expecting has delayed eviction and bankruptcy for
me and my family, and deportation for my partner and 17 month old
daughter (marie is here in the UK on a FLR/M visa)

Q: why are you asking here?
A: because it's urgent that i get money really really soon; my family
members are refusing to assist, and the few friends that i have do not
have any spare money to lend.

Q: why here and not "monster jobs" or "python-jobs list" or the
various "recruitment agencies"?
A: those are full-time employment positions, which i have been
frequently applying for and get rejected for various reasons, and i'm
running out of time and money. further interviews cost money, and do
not result in guaranteed work. i need work - and money - _now_.

Q: why here and not "peopleperhour.com"?
A: if you've ever bid on peopleperhour.com you will know that you are
bidding against "offshore" contrators and even being undercut by 1st
world country bidders who, insanely, appear to be happy to do work for
as little as £2 / hour.

Q: why are you getting rejected from interviews?
A: that's complex. a) i simply don't interview well. people with the
classic symptoms of asperger's just don't. b) my daughter is 17 months
old. when i go away for as little as 3 days, which i've done three
times now, she is extremely upset both when i am away and when i
return. i think what would happen if i was doing some sort of full-
time job, away from home, and... i can't do it. subconsciously that
affects how i react when speaking to interviewers.

Q: why do you not go "get a job at tesco's" or "drive a truck"?
A: tescos and HGV driving etc. pay around £12 per hour. £12 per hour
after tax comes down to about £8 to £9 per hour. £9 per hour requires
35 hours per week to earn as little as £1500. 35 hours per week is
effectively full-time, and means that a) my programming and software
engineering skills are utterly, utterly wasted b) my daughter gets
extremely upset because i won't be at home.

so you get the gist, and thank you for putting up with me needing to
take this action.

For the sake of your family, I'd recommend taking the following
paragraphs off your cv:

"""
If you require someone whom you do NOT want to take
the initiative to assess all aspects of the required
work and beyond; if you require someone who will
"stay in the box", do NOT contact me.
"""

"""
The speed at which I acquire new knowledge and be
able to integrate and recommend new ideas tends to
make insecure people feel frightened and threatened.
"""

"""
Pet Hates: - "peer to peer networking" [peer equals neanderthal...]
- "microsoft marketing machine" [FUD at its best...]
- "restrictive anti-competitive business practices"
- "information-restricive laws" [DMCA etc.]
- Unreliable systems that cannot be made to do the job
you really needed done yesterday...
"""

I'd also recommend updating the links on your cv, these ones do not work at all:

http://www.well.com/~lkcl
http://dcerpc.net/person/index.xvl?acct=person:lkcl
http://www.watfordcleaningsupplies.co.uk
https://secure.digimask.com/