    instead.

    Thank you for your time,
    Phil Jacobson

    Phil Jacobson, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Phil Jacobson

    Ben Morrow Guest

    (Phil Jacobson) wrote:
    > I'm running Windows XP-SP1 and ActiveState Perl 5.8.0 build 806. Can
    > Perl monitor a given directory and force any executables in that
    > directory to believe that it's actually in the root directory?

    No. Sorry.

    Ben

    --
    Every twenty-four hours about 34k children die from the effects of poverty.
    Meanwhile, the latest estimate is that 2800 people died on 9/11, so it's like

    Ben Morrow, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Phil Jacobson

    pkent Guest

    In article <>,
    (Phil Jacobson) wrote:

    > Hi. I'm seeing if anyone can shed light on whether Perl can do what
    > I'm trying to accomplish and possibly reference a good starting point
    > or existing module.
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP-SP1 and ActiveState Perl 5.8.0 build 806. Can
    > Perl monitor a given directory and force any executables in that
    > directory to believe that it's actually in the root directory?

    It sounds like the thing you want is what is called a 'chroot' in Unix,
    or in a more sophisticated guise a 'jail' in BSD. Search the web and see
    if you can get those on Windows. A userspace program (even perl) just
    isn't the right tool, it needs OS-level stuff.

    Remove the tea to reply

    pkent, Jan 27, 2004