FAQ 2.5 I grabbed the sources and tried to compile but gdbm/dynamic loading/malloc/linking/... faile

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by PerlFAQ Server, Feb 22, 2011.

  1. This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq2.pod, which
    perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org .

    2.5: I grabbed the sources and tried to compile but gdbm/dynamic loading/malloc/linking/... failed. How do I make it work?

    Read the INSTALL file, which is part of the source distribution. It
    describes in detail how to cope with most idiosyncrasies that the
    "Configure" script can't work around for any given system or
    architecture.

    Working code is greatly appreciated.

    perlfaq.pod.
    PerlFAQ Server, Feb 22, 2011