FAQ 3.29 When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by PerlFAQ Server, Mar 9, 2011.

  1. This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq3.pod, which
    perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org .

    3.29: When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it mean?

    A complete list of Perl's error messages and warnings with explanatory
    text can be found in perldiag. You can also use the splain program
    (distributed with Perl) to explain the error messages:

    perl program 2>diag.out
    splain [-v] [-p] diag.out

    or change your program to explain the messages for you:

    use diagnostics;

    or

    use diagnostics -verbose;

    Working code is greatly appreciated.