FAQ 8.1 How do I find out which operating system I'm running under?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by PerlFAQ Server, Mar 7, 2011.

  1. This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq8.pod, which
    perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org .

    8.1: How do I find out which operating system I'm running under?

    The $^O variable ($OSNAME if you use "English") contains an indication
    of the name of the operating system (not its release number) that your
    perl binary was built for.

    Working code is greatly appreciated.

    perlfaq.pod.

    PerlFAQ Server, Mar 7, 2011