FAQ 9.13 How do I edit my .htpasswd and .htgroup files with Perl?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by PerlFAQ Server, Apr 13, 2011.

  1. This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq9.pod, which
    perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org .

    9.13: How do I edit my .htpasswd and .htgroup files with Perl?

    The "HTTPD::UserAdmin" and "HTTPD::GroupAdmin" modules provide a
    consistent OO interface to these files, regardless of how they're
    stored. Databases may be text, dbm, Berkeley DB or any database with a
    DBI compatible driver. "HTTPD::UserAdmin" supports files used by the
    "Basic" and "Digest" authentication schemes. Here's an example:

    use HTTPD::UserAdmin ();
    HTTPD::UserAdmin
    ->new(DB => "/foo/.htpasswd")
    ->add($username => $password);