FAQ: our 500th Article!

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Well, doesn't seem like much, but just wanted to tell everyone: I'm a little
giddy that my meager little site is now 500 articles strong! That's about
100 articles a year, or an article almost every other work day.

I wanted to say thank you very much for your donations and feedback; I'm
still as enthusiastic adding and modifying the site as I was 5 years ago...

Ray at

I'd like to suggest that you DESC your ORDER BY to put Textpad at the top.
Textpad can kick 2G Noteworks' ass in a fight.

Ray at work

Rob Meade

I wanted to say thank you very much for your donations and feedback; I'm
still as enthusiastic adding and modifying the site as I was 5 years
ago...

To be honest Aaron I think its us and the rest of the visitors you've had
who should be thanking you.

I started coding ASP about 4 years ago - I like to think I've come a long
way since those first days - although still admit to learning new things
most weeks - I would not have got as far as I have without the help in the
FAQ and without the oooodles of help offered from the population of this
group - as a result I got my first IT job 2 years ago (2 years ago on the
4th Jan coming actually) - without the skills I had learned by that time I
would not have got the job, and would more than likely still be stuck in the
rut I had been for the previous 5 years - man I hated that job...

So, I like many others I owe you a great deal of thanks...I wish you all the
very best with the FAQ and all your other projects.

Best regards

Rob

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

I'd like to suggest that you DESC your ORDER BY to put Textpad at the top.
Textpad can kick 2G Noteworks' ass in a fight.

Hey, I think I specifically stated that I didn't want it to be a religious
war! We have enough vi vs. emacs crap here at work...

Shawn

To be honest Aaron I think its us and the rest of the
visitors you've had who should be thanking you.

Agreed Aaron, like this user, I have personally learned
vast amounts of knowledge from your website and help in
the newsgroups. Similarly to the previous user, I started
my IT ASP/SQL Server job 2 years ago and I have single-
handedly completed numerous projects thanks to your help.

Thanks for taking the time to help the user community, we
really appreciate it!!!

Shawn

Ray at

Sorry. I forgot to include my <g> or ;] or other such virtual tone
inflection. :]

And I'd like to echo Rob, please. Your site is just insanely helpful and it
has gotten me through so much learning with such little frustration. It
truly is appreciated.

Ray at work

middletree

As the overall winner of the least competent ASP developer to frequent this
here NG, I'd like to thank you for your site and you help here. For every
dumb question I post here, I had 3 more dumb ones that I solved by going to
ASPFAQ.com.

middletree

If I say "ASP Pages," am I being redundant? How about "ATM Machine" or "PIN
Number?"

Ray at

Hey, do you work at a bank too? Nice! My bank can kick your bank's ass in
a fight.

Ray at work

Chris Hohmann

Aaron Bertrand - MVP said:
Well, doesn't seem like much, but just wanted to tell everyone: I'm a little
giddy that my meager little site is now 500 articles strong! That's about
100 articles a year, or an article almost every other work day.

I wanted to say thank you very much for your donations and feedback; I'm
still as enthusiastic adding and modifying the site as I was 5 years ago...

How do I make JavaScript send values to ASP?

middletree

No, I just wanted to contribute some frequently asked questions. I'm trying
to be the inspiration for article #501.

Chris Hohmann

Aaron Bertrand - MVP said:
Well, doesn't seem like much, but just wanted to tell everyone: I'm a little
giddy that my meager little site is now 500 articles strong! That's about
100 articles a year, or an article almost every other work day.

I wanted to say thank you very much for your donations and feedback; I'm
still as enthusiastic adding and modifying the site as I was 5 years ago...

Q: What happened to the first 2000 articles? Inquiring minds want to
know.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Please lose the client script dependencies - it really does hinder access
the content.

What parts, specifically, are giving you troubles? Most of the navigation
does not require JavaScript...

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Q: What happened to the first 2000 articles? Inquiring minds want to

I don't remember why, but I believe the start point of 2001 was arbitrary...
had something to do with pre-existing articles before I switched to the
newer database servers, and there were articles up to 3 digits, and I wanted
to completely separate everything. Why I didn't choose 1000 as the first
article #, I really can't recall...

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

Aaron,

Great job over the last ... years. Just the fact you have the time and
energy to compile FAQs is remarkable.

Mike D

Aaron,

Thanks so much for the site. Like all of the other responders I depend on
that site being there daily and couldn't have gotten to my level of coding
without it. I still have a long way to go but I count on the next 500
articles to get me there!

Thanks again

Mike