    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    Ray at Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    I'd like to suggest that you DESC your ORDER BY to put Textpad at the top.
    Textpad can kick 2G Noteworks' ass in a fight.

    Ray at work

    > Well, doesn't seem like much, but just wanted to tell everyone: I'm a

    little
    > giddy that my meager little site is now 500 articles strong! That's about
    > 100 articles a year, or an article almost every other work day.
    >
    > I wanted to say thank you very much for your donations and feedback; I'm
    > still as enthusiastic adding and modifying the site as I was 5 years

    ago...

    Ray at, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    Rob Meade Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    "Aaron Bertrand - MVP" wrote ...

    > I wanted to say thank you very much for your donations and feedback; I'm
    > still as enthusiastic adding and modifying the site as I was 5 years

    ago...

    To be honest Aaron I think its us and the rest of the visitors you've had
    who should be thanking you.

    I started coding ASP about 4 years ago - I like to think I've come a long
    way since those first days - although still admit to learning new things
    most weeks - I would not have got as far as I have without the help in the
    FAQ and without the oooodles of help offered from the population of this
    group - as a result I got my first IT job 2 years ago (2 years ago on the
    4th Jan coming actually) - without the skills I had learned by that time I
    would not have got the job, and would more than likely still be stuck in the
    rut I had been for the previous 5 years - man I hated that job...

    So, I like many others I owe you a great deal of thanks...I wish you all the
    very best with the FAQ and all your other projects.

    Best regards

    Rob
    Rob Meade, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    Rob Meade Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    "Aaron Bertrand - MVP" wrote ...

    [..snip..]

    Oh and - SEXY - regarding the new look!

    Rob
    Rob Meade, Dec 3, 2003
  5. Re: our 500th Article!

    > I'd like to suggest that you DESC your ORDER BY to put Textpad at the top.
    > Textpad can kick 2G Noteworks' ass in a fight.

    Hey, I think I specifically stated that I didn't want it to be a religious
    war! We have enough vi vs. emacs crap here at work...

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 3, 2003
  6. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    Shawn Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    >To be honest Aaron I think its us and the rest of the
    visitors you've had who should be thanking you.

    Agreed Aaron, like this user, I have personally learned
    vast amounts of knowledge from your website and help in
    the newsgroups. Similarly to the previous user, I started
    my IT ASP/SQL Server job 2 years ago and I have single-
    handedly completed numerous projects thanks to your help.

    Thanks for taking the time to help the user community, we
    really appreciate it!!!

    Shawn
    Shawn, Dec 3, 2003
  7. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    Ray at Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    Sorry. I forgot to include my <g> or ;] or other such virtual tone
    inflection. :]

    And I'd like to echo Rob, please. Your site is just insanely helpful and it
    has gotten me through so much learning with such little frustration. It
    truly is appreciated.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Dec 3, 2003
  8. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    middletree Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    As the overall winner of the least competent ASP developer to frequent this
    here NG, I'd like to thank you for your site and you help here. For every
    dumb question I post here, I had 3 more dumb ones that I solved by going to
    ASPFAQ.com.

    middletree, Dec 3, 2003
  9. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    middletree Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    If I say "ASP Pages," am I being redundant? How about "ATM Machine" or "PIN
    Number?"

    middletree, Dec 3, 2003
  10. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    Ray at Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    Hey, do you work at a bank too? Nice! My bank can kick your bank's ass in
    a fight.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Dec 3, 2003
  11. Re: our 500th Article!

    Chris Hohmann, Dec 3, 2003
  12. Re: our 500th Article!

    Settle down, kids. If I have to pull over, I swear...

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 3, 2003
  13. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    middletree Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    No, I just wanted to contribute some frequently asked questions. I'm trying
    to be the inspiration for article #501.

    middletree, Dec 3, 2003
  14. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    Jay Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    > If I say "ASP Pages," am I being redundant? How about "ATM Machine" or

    "PIN
    > Number?"

    Maybe a NIC card will solve your redundancy problem ;-)
    Jay, Dec 3, 2003
  15. Re: our 500th Article!

    > Well, doesn't seem like much, but just wanted to tell everyone: I'm a

    little
    > giddy that my meager little site is now 500 articles strong! That's

    about
    > 100 articles a year, or an article almost every other work day.
    >
    > I wanted to say thank you very much for your donations and feedback;

    I'm
    > still as enthusiastic adding and modifying the site as I was 5 years

    ago...

    > --
    > Aaron Bertrand
    > SQL Server MVP
    > http://www.aspfaq.com/

    Q: What happened to the first 2000 articles? Inquiring minds want to
    know.
    Chris Hohmann, Dec 3, 2003
  16. Re: our 500th Article!

    > Please lose the client script dependencies - it really does hinder access
    > the content.

    What parts, specifically, are giving you troubles? Most of the navigation
    does not require JavaScript...

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 3, 2003
  17. Re: our 500th Article!

    > Q: What happened to the first 2000 articles? Inquiring minds want to
    > know.

    I don't remember why, but I believe the start point of 2001 was arbitrary...
    had something to do with pre-existing articles before I switched to the
    newer database servers, and there were articles up to 3 digits, and I wanted
    to completely separate everything. Why I didn't choose 1000 as the first
    article #, I really can't recall...

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 3, 2003
  18. Re: our 500th Article!

    Aaron,

    Great job over the last ... years. Just the fact you have the time and
    energy to compile FAQs is remarkable.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netBooks

    Manohar Kamath [MVP], Dec 4, 2003
  19. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    Mike D Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    Aaron,

    Thanks so much for the site. Like all of the other responders I depend on
    that site being there daily and couldn't have gotten to my level of coding
    without it. I still have a long way to go but I count on the next 500
    articles to get me there!

    Thanks again

    Mike

    Mike D, Dec 4, 2003
  20. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    Re: our 500th Article!

    On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 17:27:45 -0500, "Aaron Bertrand - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >Settle down, kids. If I have to pull over, I swear...

    Hmmm... My dad always swore even if he didn't pull over... :)

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Dec 4, 2003