Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew Thompson, Jun 20, 2005.

  1. Re: (PhySci.org Java) FAQ - references to Google/Google Groups

    Note: Cross-posted to c.l.j.help and c.l.j.programmer,
    with follow-ups (replies) set to comp.lang.java.programmer
    *only*. If you interested in this thread, or wish to
    contribute to it, c.l.j.p. is the place to look.

    I had become concerned at the reliance of my Java FAQ to the
    Google search engine, so I have added a new section to the
    document commenting on both Google and Google groups beta.
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#google>

    In a nutshell, it says
    'There are other search engines - use your favorite' and
    'Web interfaces can cause problems - beware. Use a
    news client of you are able.'

    I want to know what others think of this advice, since I
    will most likely be referring to it often*, and want to get
    a text that covers most angles, and is fair, reasonable and
    aimed at providing new posters with the best advice.

    * Starting (checks watch) ..now.
    <http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.lang.java.help/msg/d3ab67001f62e6b1>

    --
    Andrew Thompson