FAQ Sections - Feedback Wanted

sasuke

 - Setting the HTTP Request Header `Content-Type: x-www-
formurlencoded' when making asynchronous requests doesn't
automagically encode the data being submitted.

Apologies; that should have been:

/sasuke

dhtml

sasuke said:
Breaking up the FAQ has been discussed.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/browse_frm/thread...

I'm interested in doing this now. I propose something along the lines of:

* Numbers
* Windows and Frames
* Forms

I would like to hear feedback on this proposal.

The FAQ presents little [no?] information about `encoding' related
issues which do get asked frequently here. Many of them are along the
lines of:
- escape / unescape functions don't work well for Non-ASCII character
- encodeURIComponent to be used for encoding URI components rather
than encodeURI
- Setting the HTTP Request Header `Content-Type: x-www-
formurlencoded' when making asynchronous requests doesn't
automagically encode the data being submitted.

These are some of the points which have come across in this group in
the past few days related to encoding. It would be nice to have
someone come up with a short FAQ entry related to this topic.

Yep. That could go in the proposed "Communicating with the Server" section.

I haven't gotten much diversity of feedback on the proposed sections yet.

Garrett

sasuke

Yep. That could go in the proposed "Communicating with the Server" section.

I haven't gotten much diversity of feedback on the proposed sections yet.

If that's the case, I will make sure I post some more ideas here as
and when to come to me though having quality material on those topics
would be a concern given the kind of investment required in making a
*good* FAQ entry.

/sasuke