FAQ Topic - How do I change print settings for window.print()? (2009-09-05)

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by FAQ server, Sep 5, 2009.

  1. FAQ server

    FAQ server Guest

    FAQ Topic - How do I change print settings for
    window.print()?

    In a normal security environment, you can't change anything. The
    page stylesheet rules provide some options, but are not supported
    in browsers yet. If you can, use an ActiveX or Plugin ScriptX and
    Neptune from Meadroid to give you more control for Windows
    versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera.

    http://www.meadroid.com/scriptx/

    The complete comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at
    http://jibbering.com/faq/

    --

    The sendings of these daily posts are proficiently hosted
    by http://www.pair.com.

    FAQ server, Sep 5, 2009

  2. Re: FAQ Topic - How do I change print settings for window.print()?(2009-09-05)

    bill wrote:
    > FAQ server wrote:
    >> FAQ Topic - How do I change print settings for
    >> window.print()?
    >>
    >> In a normal security environment, you can't change anything. The
    >> page stylesheet rules provide some options, but are not supported
    >> in browsers yet. If you can, use an ActiveX or Plugin ScriptX and
    >> Neptune from Meadroid to give you more control for Windows
    >> versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera.
    >>

    | "but are not supported in browsers yet"
    ?

    That entry needs an update.

    >> http://www.meadroid.com/scriptx/
    >>
    >> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms976105.aspx
    >>

    >> The complete comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at http://jibbering.com/faq/
    >>

    > AFAIK, none work with Mozilla - correct ?

    Printing in Mozilla without prompt - is it possible with raised
    permissions? I don't know.

    Garrett

    Garrett Smith, Sep 5, 2009

  3. Re: FAQ Topic - How do I change print settings for window.print()?(2009-09-05)

    http://www.meadroid.com/np_intro.asp

    | MeadCo's Neptune is a Netscape-compatible plug-in which hosts
    | Microsoft's WebBrowser control. It will work when embedded in
    | documents rendered by Opera, Netscape, Safari for Windows, Firefox,
    | Mozilla and other Gecko-based browsers running on any Windows
    | platform. Windows 95 / Windows NT 4.0 with Internet Explorer 4.0 core
    | install is the minimum requirement.

    Says it works in Gecko. I haven't tested it.

    Garrett

    Garrett Smith, Sep 5, 2009