FAQ Topic - How do I change print settings for window.print()? (2009-09-05)

FAQ server

FAQ Topic - How do I change print settings for
window.print()?

In a normal security environment, you can't change anything. The
page stylesheet rules provide some options, but are not supported
in browsers yet. If you can, use an ActiveX or Plugin ScriptX and
Neptune from Meadroid to give you more control for Windows
versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera.

http://www.meadroid.com/scriptx/

The complete comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at
http://jibbering.com/faq/

Garrett Smith

| "but are not supported in browsers yet"
?

That entry needs an update.
AFAIK, none work with Mozilla - correct ?

Printing in Mozilla without prompt - is it possible with raised
permissions? I don't know.

Garrett

Garrett Smith

http://www.meadroid.com/np_intro.asp

| MeadCo's Neptune is a Netscape-compatible plug-in which hosts
| Microsoft's WebBrowser control. It will work when embedded in
| documents rendered by Opera, Netscape, Safari for Windows, Firefox,
| Mozilla and other Gecko-based browsers running on any Windows
| platform. Windows 95 / Windows NT 4.0 with Internet Explorer 4.0 core
| install is the minimum requirement.

Says it works in Gecko. I haven't tested it.

Garrett