FAQ Topic - How do I disable the right mouse button? (2010-04-12)

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by FAQ server, Apr 12, 2010.

  1. FAQ server

    FAQ server Guest

    FAQ Topic - How do I disable the right mouse button?

    The nonstandard ` contextmenu ` event is not widely supported.
    Browsers that do support it may be configured to prevent scripts from
    accessing that event.

    Example:

    Disables the context menu where supported. Note that this will not
    prevent users from viewing your source code or copying images. To
    discourage copying, provide a copyright notice.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536914(VS.85).aspx

    https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Window.oncontextmenu

    The complete comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at
    http://jibbering.com/faq/

    --

    The sendings of these daily posts are proficiently hosted
    by http://www.pair.com.
    FAQ server, Apr 12, 2010