FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any of the resources mentioned here

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by FAQ server, Feb 2, 2007.

  1. FAQ server

    FAQ server Guest

    FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answered in clj. Where are the clj archives located?

    http://groups.google.com/

    Maintain an archive of
    comp.lang.javascript going back to 1996 and provide diverse
    archive searching facilities.

    ===
    comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at http://www.jibbering.com/faq/.
    The FAQ workers are a group of volunteers.

    FAQ server, Feb 2, 2007

  2. FAQ server

    Evertjan. Guest

    FAQ server wrote on 02 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any
    > of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answered in
    > clj. Where are the clj archives located?

    Formatted like this, with a maximum line length, please.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Feb 2, 2007

  3. FAQ server

    Randy Webb Guest

    Re: FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here orin any of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answeredin clj. Where are the clj archives located?

    Evertjan. said the following on 2/2/2007 2:01 AM:
    > FAQ server wrote on 02 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    >> FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any
    >> of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answered in
    >> clj. Where are the clj archives located?
    >>

    > Formatted like this, with a maximum line length, please.

    Not sure why Bart's server script does that. The answer to a question
    uses the text formatting in the XML file and the formatting for the
    question is pretty close to the way you have it formatted. So, something
    in Bart's side is removing the line feed and putting it all on one line.

    Bart?

    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

    Randy Webb, Feb 2, 2007
  4. Randy Webb wrote:

    > Evertjan. said the following on 2/2/2007 2:01 AM:
    >
    > > FAQ server wrote on 02 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > >> FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any
    > >> of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answered in
    > >> clj. Where are the clj archives located?

    > > Formatted like this, with a maximum line length, please.

    > Not sure why Bart's server script does that. The answer to a question
    > uses the text formatting in the XML file and the formatting for the
    > question is pretty close to the way you have it formatted. So, something
    > in Bart's side is removing the line feed and putting it all on one line.
    >
    > Bart?

    Yes, the line breaks were removed because the subject in the message-
    header can't have EOL characters, or it is considered a new header.

    I've adapted the script so that it should now show the correct line
    breaks in the message body.

    --
    Bart

    Bart Van der Donck, Feb 8, 2007
  5. FAQ server

    Evertjan. Guest

    Bart Van der Donck wrote on 08 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Randy Webb wrote:
    >
    >> Evertjan. said the following on 2/2/2007 2:01 AM:

    >> > Formatted like this, with a maximum line length, please.

    >> Not sure why Bart's server script does that. The answer to a question
    >> uses the text formatting in the XML file and the formatting for the
    >> question is pretty close to the way you have it formatted. So,
    >> something in Bart's side is removing the line feed and putting it all
    >> on one line.
    >>
    >> Bart?

    > Yes, the line breaks were removed because the subject in the message-
    > header can't have EOL characters, or it is considered a new header.
    >
    > I've adapted the script so that it should now show the correct line
    > breaks in the message body.

    Good job.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Feb 8, 2007
  6. In comp.lang.javascript message <
    oglegroups.com>, Thu, 8 Feb 2007 04:28:32, Bart Van der Donck
    <> posted:

    >I've adapted the script so that it should now show the correct line
    >breaks in the message body.

    I hope that will nor prevent the Subject being reduced to something
    sensible. Its present first sentence is not needed - all it does is
    nominally discourage those who want to find the archives for other
    reasons.

    --
    (c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk DOS 3.3, 6.20 ; WinXP.
    Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.

    Dr J R Stockton, Feb 9, 2007
  7. FAQ server

    Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/9/2007 12:48 PM:
    > In comp.lang.javascript message <
    > oglegroups.com>, Thu, 8 Feb 2007 04:28:32, Bart Van der Donck
    > <> posted:
    >> I've adapted the script so that it should now show the correct line
    >> breaks in the message body.
    >>

    > I hope that will nor prevent the Subject being reduced to something
    > sensible.

    Unless Bart has changed something in the last 24 hours or so (which I
    doubt) then the only way to change the Subject is for me to change the
    question in the FAQ XML file itself as it is read directly from there
    and is not modified by Bart's script.

    BTW, YGCIB.

    > Its present first sentence is not needed - all it does is
    > nominally discourage those who want to find the archives for other
    > reasons.

    Nothing in that sentence makes any sense.

    Randy Webb, Feb 9, 2007
  8. In comp.lang.javascript message <>,
    Fri, 9 Feb 2007 15:14:07, Randy Webb <> posted:
    >Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/9/2007 12:48 PM:
    >> In comp.lang.javascript message <
    >> oglegroups.com>, Thu, 8 Feb 2007 04:28:32, Bart Van der Donck
    >> <> posted:
    >>> I've adapted the script so that it should now show the correct line
    >>> breaks in the message body.
    >>>

    >> I hope that will nor prevent the Subject being reduced to something
    >> sensible.

    >Unless Bart has changed something in the last 24 hours or so (which I
    >doubt) then the only way to change the Subject is for me to change the
    >question in the FAQ XML file itself as it is read directly from there
    >and is not modified by Bart's script.

    Of course. It was expected that you would understand that, even with
    the nor/not typo.

    >> Its present first sentence is not needed - all it does is
    >> nominally discourage those who want to find the archives for other
    >> reasons.

    >Nothing in that sentence makes any sense.

    To you, quite probably.

    Dr J R Stockton, Feb 10, 2007