FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any of the resources mentioned here

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by FAQ server, Feb 9, 2008.

  1. FAQ server

    FAQ server Guest

    FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here
    or in any of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it
    has been answered in clj. Where are the clj archives located?

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/topics

    Maintain an archive of comp.lang.javascript going back to 1996 and
    provide diverse archive searching facilities.

    comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html.
    The FAQ workers are a group of volunteers. The sendings of these
    daily posts are proficiently hosted by http://www.pair.com.

    FAQ server, Feb 9, 2008

  2. In comp.lang.javascript message <47aced06$0$90272$.
    dk>, Sat, 9 Feb 2008 00:00:02, FAQ server <>
    posted:
    >FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here
    >or in any of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it
    >has been answered in clj. Where are the clj archives located?
    >
    >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/topics
    >
    >Maintain an archive of comp.lang.javascript going back to 1996 and
    >provide diverse archive searching facilities.

    I suggest the addition of an observation that, by means of a suitable
    search (TBD; suggestions?), one can find therein many or all of the
    older FAQs and not too much else.

    --
    (c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 MIME.

    Dr J R Stockton, Feb 9, 2008

  3. FAQ server

    VK Guest

    Re: FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or inany of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answered in clj.Where are the clj archives located? (2008-02-09)

    On Feb 9, 4:43 pm, Dr J R Stockton <> wrote:
    > I suggest the addition of an observation that, by means of a suitable
    > search (TBD; suggestions?), one can find therein many or all of the
    > older FAQs and not too much else.

    It is the question of search techniques - as usual in the Internet. If
    one not able to think of proper search criteria then no search engine
    will be of a big help. In such case it is OK to post "I looked for, I
    failed to find, please help me". No big deal and no crime.

    Overall Advanced Group Search at
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_search
    is a powerful and a flexible tool, not without defaults of course.

    Before searching do not forget to type in "comp.lang.javascript" into
    Group field.

    VK, Feb 9, 2008
  4. Re: FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answered in clj. Where are the clj archives located? (2008-02-09)

    In comp.lang.javascript message <8542e5c0-1093-4d8d-90c7-c32bf3394171@q7
    7g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, Sat, 9 Feb 2008 15:14:32, VK
    <> posted:
    >On Feb 9, 4:43 pm, Dr J R Stockton <> wrote:
    >> I suggest the addition of an observation that, by means of a suitable
    >> search (TBD; suggestions?), one can find therein many or all of the
    >> older FAQs and not too much else.

    >It is the question of search techniques - as usual in the Internet. If
    >one not able to think of proper search criteria then no search engine
    >will be of a big help.

    Indeed. That is why I called for suggestions of a suitable search
    string. Note that "Advanced Group Search" is not presented as an option
    on the ordinary group-reading pages (AFAICS), and therefore may not be a
    known tool to typical FAQ users. I have found it, so far, only on a "My
    groups" page, for which one needs to be logged in.

    My searches have confirmed, as expected, that Google Groups holds many
    past FAQs; but I've not yet identified a search string that finds most
    of them without listing too much else. It's a pity that the FAQ
    originator did not insert an improbable word or two for searching. The
    word "u m b r a g e o u s".replace(/ /g, "") appears never to have been
    used here in CLJ, for example.

    --
    (c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 MIME.

    Dr J R Stockton, Feb 10, 2008