FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?

FAQ server

FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?

Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-

http://javascript.faqts.com/

Mozilla JavaScript 1.5 reference:-

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/JavaScript

Index of Netscape 4 JavaScript docs online (These documents are no longer available form Netscape but are still reproduced by Sun Microsystems, Inc.):-

http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/

Index of Archived Netscape 4 JavaScript docs online and for download:-

http://devedge-temp.mozilla.org/library/manuals/2000/javascript/1.3/reference/

Online Gecko DOM Reference:-

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Gecko_DOM_Reference

Download:-

http://www.mozilla.org/docs/dom/domref.zip

Microsoft (D)HTML reference:-

JScript reference and main Microsoft script site:-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/

Opera Documentation:-

http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/#ecmascript

http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/js/

ICab's Inscript documentation:-

http://www.muchsoft.com/inscript/

Archived documentation for MSIE 3.x:-

http://members.tripod.com/~housten/download/

The official ECMAScript specification:-

http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm

Other versions of the ECMAScript specification:-

http://www.mozilla.org/js/language/

DOM level 1 ECMA script binding:-

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1/ecma-script-language-binding.html

DOM HTML level 2 ECMA script binding:-

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-HTML/ecma-script-binding.html

FESI - a free implementation of ECMAScript in Java:-

http://www.lugrin.ch/fesi/index.html

Frequently asked questions about source code obfuscation:-

http://jibbering.com/faq/obfuscate.html

Sites discussing Active Server Pages:-

http://www.15seconds.com/

http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/

http://www.aspfaq.com/

DHTML source code and tutorials:-

http://www.w3schools.com/

Sites focused on using Scripting to automate Windows:-

http://www.windows-script.com/

http://cwashington.netreach.net/

Microsoft's Windows Scripting Host (WSH) Newsgroup:-
microsoft.public.scripting.wsh

Manipulating times, dates and the lastModified date and time in javascript:-

http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-dates.htm

Venkman - Mozilla Visual JS debugger:-

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/

Whitebeam Apache Module - Server Side Javascript in Apache;-

http://www.whitebeam.org/

Digital Mars DMD Script, console and MS Active Script implementation of ECMAScript, claimed to be faster than other implementations:-

http://www.digitalmars.com/dscript/

Microsoft Script Debugger Download:

Microsoft Script Debugger Documentation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sdbug/Html/sdbug_1.asp

===
comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at http://www.jibbering.com/faq/.
The FAQ workers are a group of volunteers.

Randy Webb

Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/5/2007 1:19 PM:
In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected].

That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth mentioning
or reading first.

It isn't to me. The draft for 10.0 has this entire section re-ordered
and the spelling mistakes have been corrected.

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message said:
Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/5/2007 1:19 PM:

It isn't to me. The draft for 10.0 has this entire section re-ordered
and the spelling mistakes have been corrected.

Is the draft on-line? If it were, we could point out new errors before
they formally appear.

In FAQ-writing, IMHO it's a great mistake (possibly committed by RC) to
try to work in the background producing a finally-polished version. All
improvements should be immediately available.

Randy Webb

Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/7/2007 8:57 AM:
Is the draft on-line?

Not yet.
If it were, we could point out new errors before they formally appear.

That is the desire if I can ever manage to finish the draft document.
In FAQ-writing, IMHO it's a great mistake (possibly committed by RC) to
try to work in the background producing a finally-polished version. All
improvements should be immediately available.

Right now, it isn't even a complete document. It is a complete
re-write/re-organization of 9.xx where a lot of items get moved around,
anchors got renamed, some items got re-organized (especially the online
resources section).

When I can get a completed document (at least through Section 3), the
intentions are to go ahead and post it on-line for
comments/suggestions/corrections before moving on to Section 4. Then,
Section 4 will probably be done 3 or 4 entries at the time so I can keep
up with it instead of trying to edit/update/maintain 40-odd entries at
one time.