FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by FAQ server, Feb 5, 2007.

  1. FAQ server

    FAQ server Guest

    FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?

    Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-

    http://javascript.faqts.com/

    Mozilla JavaScript 1.5 reference:-

    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/JavaScript

    Index of Netscape 4 JavaScript docs online (These documents are no longer available form Netscape but are still reproduced by Sun Microsystems, Inc.):-

    http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/

    Index of Archived Netscape 4 JavaScript docs online and for download:-

    http://devedge-temp.mozilla.org/library/manuals/2000/javascript/1.3/reference/

    Online Gecko DOM Reference:-

    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Gecko_DOM_Reference

    Download:-

    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/dom/domref.zip

    Microsoft (D)HTML reference:-

    JScript reference and main Microsoft script site:-

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/

    Opera Documentation:-

    http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/#ecmascript

    http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/js/

    ICab's Inscript documentation:-

    http://www.muchsoft.com/inscript/

    Archived documentation for MSIE 3.x:-

    http://members.tripod.com/~housten/download/

    The official ECMAScript specification:-

    http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm

    Other versions of the ECMAScript specification:-

    http://www.mozilla.org/js/language/

    DOM level 1 ECMA script binding:-

    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1/ecma-script-language-binding.html

    DOM HTML level 2 ECMA script binding:-

    http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-HTML/ecma-script-binding.html

    FESI - a free implementation of ECMAScript in Java:-

    http://www.lugrin.ch/fesi/index.html

    Frequently asked questions about source code obfuscation:-

    http://jibbering.com/faq/obfuscate.html

    Sites discussing Active Server Pages:-

    http://www.15seconds.com/

    http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/

    http://www.aspfaq.com/

    DHTML source code and tutorials:-

    http://www.w3schools.com/

    Sites focused on using Scripting to automate Windows:-

    http://www.windows-script.com/

    http://cwashington.netreach.net/

    Microsoft's Windows Scripting Host (WSH) Newsgroup:-
    microsoft.public.scripting.wsh

    Manipulating times, dates and the lastModified date and time in javascript:-

    http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-dates.htm

    Venkman - Mozilla Visual JS debugger:-

    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/

    Whitebeam Apache Module - Server Side Javascript in Apache;-

    http://www.whitebeam.org/

    Digital Mars DMD Script, console and MS Active Script implementation of ECMAScript, claimed to be faster than other implementations:-

    http://www.digitalmars.com/dscript/

    Microsoft Script Debugger Download:

    Microsoft Script Debugger Documentation:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sdbug/Html/sdbug_1.asp

    ===
    comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at http://www.jibbering.com/faq/.
    The FAQ workers are a group of volunteers.
    FAQ server, Feb 5, 2007

  2. In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$.
    dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <>
    posted:
    >FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?
    >
    >Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-
    >
    >http://javascript.faqts.com/

    That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth mentioning
    or reading first.

    The index needs spell-correcting for convenient search.

    --
    (c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk DOS 3.3, 6.20 ; WinXP.
    Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.
    Dr J R Stockton, Feb 5, 2007

  3. FAQ server

    Randy Webb Guest

    Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/5/2007 1:19 PM:
    > In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$.
    > dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <>
    > posted:
    >> FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?
    >>
    >> Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-
    >>
    >> http://javascript.faqts.com/

    > That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth mentioning
    > or reading first.

    It isn't to me. The draft for 10.0 has this entire section re-ordered
    and the spelling mistakes have been corrected.

    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
    Randy Webb, Feb 6, 2007
  4. In comp.lang.javascript message <>,
    Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:31:43, Randy Webb <> posted:
    >Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/5/2007 1:19 PM:
    >> In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$.
    >> dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <>
    >> posted:
    >>> FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?
    >>>
    >>> Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-
    >>>
    >>> http://javascript.faqts.com/

    >> That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth
    >>mentioning
    >> or reading first.

    >It isn't to me. The draft for 10.0 has this entire section re-ordered
    >and the spelling mistakes have been corrected.

    Is the draft on-line? If it were, we could point out new errors before
    they formally appear.

    In FAQ-writing, IMHO it's a great mistake (possibly committed by RC) to
    try to work in the background producing a finally-polished version. All
    improvements should be immediately available.

    Dr J R Stockton, Feb 7, 2007
  5. FAQ server

    Randy Webb Guest

    Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/7/2007 8:57 AM:
    > In comp.lang.javascript message <>,
    > Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:31:43, Randy Webb <> posted:
    >> Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/5/2007 1:19 PM:
    >>> In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$.
    >>> dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <>
    >>> posted:

    >>> That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth
    >>> mentioning
    >>> or reading first.

    >> It isn't to me. The draft for 10.0 has this entire section re-ordered
    >> and the spelling mistakes have been corrected.

    > Is the draft on-line?

    Not yet.

    > If it were, we could point out new errors before they formally appear.

    That is the desire if I can ever manage to finish the draft document.

    > In FAQ-writing, IMHO it's a great mistake (possibly committed by RC) to
    > try to work in the background producing a finally-polished version. All
    > improvements should be immediately available.

    Right now, it isn't even a complete document. It is a complete
    re-write/re-organization of 9.xx where a lot of items get moved around,
    anchors got renamed, some items got re-organized (especially the online
    resources section).

    When I can get a completed document (at least through Section 3), the
    intentions are to go ahead and post it on-line for
    comments/suggestions/corrections before moving on to Section 4. Then,
    Section 4 will probably be done 3 or 4 entries at the time so I can keep
    up with it instead of trying to edit/update/maintain 40-odd entries at
    one time.

    Randy Webb, Feb 8, 2007