Fast and efficent Huffman coding for nibbles and bytes in C++?

Discussion in 'C++' started by 88888 Dihedral, Feb 27, 2012.

  1. I am wondering is there any good and fast Huffman coding
    for nibles of for each segment of 256 to 1K byte

    88888 Dihedral, Feb 27, 2012

  2. Hi 88888

    88888 Dihedral wrote:

    > I am wondering is there any good and fast Huffman coding
    > for nibles of for each segment of 256 to 1K byte

    Care to explain what You mean ?

    Best regards
    Asger-P

    Asger Joergensen, Feb 27, 2012

  3. 在 2012å¹´2月27日星期一UTC+8下åˆ4æ—¶33分40秒,Asger Joergensen写é“:
    > Hi 88888
    >
    > 88888 Dihedral wrote:
    >
    > > I am wondering is there any good and fast Huffman coding
    > > for nibles of for each segment of 256 to 1K byte

    > Care to explain what You mean ?
    >
    > Best regards
    > Asger-P

    16 entries of 16 to 32 bytes of the overhead per block to rebuild Huffmancode tree can be very fast for locality

    88888 Dihedral, Feb 27, 2012
  4. 88888 Dihedral

    gwowen Guest

    gwowen, Feb 27, 2012
  5. 在 2012å¹´2月28日星期二UTC+8上åˆ1æ—¶30分16秒,gwowen写é“:
    > On Feb 27, 1:02 pm, 88888 Dihedral <>
    > wrote:
    > > 在 2012å¹´2月27日星期一UTC+8下åˆ4æ—¶33分40秒,Asger Joergensen写é“:
    > >
    > > > Hi 88888

    > > > Care to explain what You mean ?

    > > > Best regards
    > > > Asger-P

    > > 16 entries of 16 to 32 bytes of the   overhead per block to rebuild Huffman code tree  can be very fast for locality

    > Care to explain what you mean?

    在 2012å¹´2月28日星期二UTC+8上åˆ1æ—¶30分16秒,gwowen写é“:
    > On Feb 27, 1:02 pm, 88888 Dihedral <>
    > wrote:
    > > 在 2012å¹´2月27日星期一UTC+8下åˆ4æ—¶33分40秒,Asger Joergensen写é“:
    > >
    > > > Hi 88888

    > > > Care to explain what You mean ?

    > > > Best regards
    > > > Asger-P

    > > 16 entries of 16 to 32 bytes of the   overhead per block to rebuild Huffman code tree  can be very fast for locality

    > Care to explain what you mean?

    I mean that one should carefully sellect basic building units to
    develop long live algorithms that can be ported to other languages.

    Thus, a list that can hold unknown type of objects dynamically and
    a hash table well implemented are the two units which I choose.

    But I still use the concepts about set, tree and graph in the abstract
    sense to solve problems. Anyway programs in the implementation levels
    are different from the abstrct levels.

    88888 Dihedral, Feb 28, 2012