fastcgi Access Checking

Discussion in 'Python' started by Robin Becker, Oct 22, 2009.

  1. Robin Becker

    Robin Becker Guest

    I'm trying to do FastCgiAccessChecker with a django project; the base idea is to
    use the django controlled logins to control access to an apache down load area.

    My original idea was to make django responsible for the FastCgiAccessChecker
    script itself since we're running django as an external fcgi socket server using
    flup.

    I managed to get apache to accept the long running socket server as the
    FastCgiAccessChecker, but all attempts at using the access check seem to fail
    with some kind of fastcgi protocol error

    .......server.fcgi" aborted: protocol error: invalid FCGI_END_REQUEST status: 3
    != FCGI_REQUEST_COMPLETE(0)

    it seems that 3 refers to a bad role, but I'm not sure who is detecting this
    problem.

    Any ideas welcome. I ask here because my queries elsewhere have vanished.

    I should add that I have two solutions to the problem of getting the validation
    done, but both involve extra fcgi scripts. One imports django and does the
    checking directly, the second uses urllib2 to forward the validation request
    using the original django http application.
    --
    Robin Becker

    Robin Becker, Oct 22, 2009