Faster for() loops?

John Hudak

Personally, sometimes I like top.......
Gulliver would perhaps have called that the battle of
top postians vs bottom postians ;)
and sometimes I like bottom....(also in posting too... (are smilies
allowed? :) ....))
Wow, with all the other issues there are in this forum to discuss, I
can't believe how anal some ppl are....sheesh!
John

John Hudak

Steve said:
Oh, so calling someone "clinically thick" over something so trivial is
somehow respectful?

Show some respect for others. *Then* you'd be entitled to talk to me on the
subject.

Steve
http://www.fivetrees.com

You know, most mail clients have a setting to top or bottom post on
replies. Conformance to the guidelines is something that should be
considered if one wants to be a 'good citizen,' (IMO, that what makes
ppl civilized) unless of course you get some satisfaction by giving anal
retentive ppl high blood pressure and even more, instill in them even
further need for their crusade. I especially like it when they berate
ppl for a miscue of non-conformance. Was it because they got sand
kicked in their face when they were in first grade and they made it the
lifes work to 'exercise power' over ppl? Wow, some ppl really need to
get a life. lol
John

Default User

John Hudak wrote:

I especially like it when they
berate ppl for a miscue of non-conformance. Was it because they got
sand kicked in their face when they were in first grade and they made
it the lifes work to 'exercise power' over ppl? Wow, some ppl really
need to get a life. lol John

Another idiot for the bozo bin. Man, comp.arch.embedded is coming off
WAY worse than I would have expected. Starting to think about just
filtering out X-posts to that group.

Brian

Ian Bell

John said:
OTOH, if you are in the $10 retail produce area then
saving $0.20 over the next processor in the line may be worth all the
extra engineering time. Somehow, after living thought many sides of
this problem, throwing hardware at it is usually the best approach. Just
a personal opinion from experience, your mileage and situation may
vary..... John

I think this is a very personal experience related thing. My experience for
example it the opposite of yours. I developed cost sensitive high volume
products for nearly 20 years and not once was throwing hardare at it a
viable solution. We used C twice and both times had to go in and make
significant changes to reduce code size. However, this was not so much the
fault of C itself or the compilers, we had assumed software engineers from
another department who were 'brought up' on C were capable of writing space
efficient code. Thereafter we wrote everything in assembler.

At one million units, a saving of 20 cents is $200K. That buys a lot of
engineering time.

Ian

Steve at fivetrees

Default User said:
Another idiot for the bozo bin. Man, comp.arch.embedded is coming off
WAY worse than I would have expected. Starting to think about just
filtering out X-posts to that group.

<plonk>

Get your priorities straight, friend.

Steve
http://www.fivetrees.com

Skarmander

Steve said:
<plonk>

Get your priorities straight, friend.
This is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends!
Some people started posting to it, not knowing what it was, and they'll
be posting forever just because...

Sorry. Last post, promised. :)

S.

Joe Butler

I think you don't get it.
You are an anal retent.

You'll find this on the google archives, I'm sure.
Otherwise, why bother to make the post, plonker.

Albert van der Horst said:
To Flash and Walter,

Maybe 10% saved for a 1k memory was a bit of an exageration on my part.

<SNIP>

You don't get it, eh. Nobody knowledgable is reading this.
Last message before plonk.

Mabden

John Hudak said:
Personally, sometimes I like top.......

I get it! You are talking about how your boyfriend sometimes letting you
bang him! Very witty! ;-0

I like gotos when appropriate. A very rare occurance.

Indeed, so small. Such a stupid thing for one person to object to, when
dozens point it out, and hundreds stop reading, and thousands roll their
eyes, and millions... well, you'll never be read by millions.
important.

Talk to someone in the public eye: politics, radio, tv. For every person
who actually takes the time to correct you, there are many who don't
bother. Remember that time you had that thing on your face and seven
people avoided you until someone told you to check yourself. Magnify to
10,000.

If that doesn't convince you, think of the last time someone said,
"Dude, you are too drunk to ..." and consider whether or not they were
right.

Yet the rest of us see this pig-headedness ALL THE TIME. Underwhelming.

As I recall no one changed their minds, but Gulliver had to leave.
and sometimes I like bottom....(also in posting too... (are smilies
allowed? :) ....))
Wow, with all the other issues there are in this forum to discuss, I
can't believe how anal some ppl are....sheesh!

Hey, you should see what I go through for dropping a joke, or
recommending poetic formula in answers...
I can get away with 2-3 jokes a quarter, but man, even if I save up for
a year I get grief when I unload.

Oh, and don't even THINK about saying, "U R" or "ppl", or "l33t".